The following is the weekly report concerning construction and maintenance work on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot. This report is issued each week beginning in April and continues through November.
For the latest in statewide construction visit www.ohgo.com. Please contact us at 419-999-6803 with any information needs.
Construction and Maintenance Projects
Week of November 17, 2014
Interstate 75 Reconstruction Project For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County please visit www.odotlima75.org
U.S. 30/Ohio 309 near Delphos may be restricted to one lane at times through the work zone for culvert work. Work is expected to be completed in the fall. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting, Boardman.
Defiance County does not have any projects this week that will affect traffic.
U.S. 224 interchange at Interstate 75 reconstruction, Findlay
The U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75, Findlay, is currently being reconstructed. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall. Work is being performed by Miller Brothers Construction, Archbold.
The following traffic impacts related to the reconstruction are in effect or will occur in the upcoming weeks:
–Both the northbound and southbound lanes are currently narrowed and shifted approaching the U.S. 224 interchange.
-Lane restrictions will continue both northbound and southbound for overhead work at the bridge. Restrictions will occur between 9 p.m. and 10 a.m.
-All ramps at the interchange are open.
-All lanes on U.S. 224 are now open and in their final configuration; however, individual lane closures on U.S. 224 between County Road 300 and Broad Avenue will be necessary over the next several weeks to complete work on the project.
-Motorists are cautioned to watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting at various locations throughout the work zone on U.S. 224 and along the interchange ramps.
Ohio 309 from the Marion County line to the city of Kenton corporation limits will be restricted through the work zone for the sealing of pavement cracks. Work is being performed by the Hardin County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 114 west of U.S. 127 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for the sealing of pavement cracks. Traffic will maintained with flaggers. Work is being performed by the Paulding County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 613 west of U.S. 127 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for the sealing of pavement cracks. Traffic will maintained with flaggers. Work is being performed by the Paulding County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 12 between Road T-4 and Road C-3 that was to close on November 12 for three days for a culvert replacement has been delayed for weather until further notice. Depending on temperatures, the project could possibly be delayed until Spring 2015. Work is being performed by the Putnam County ODOT maintenance garage.
Van Wert County
U.S. 30 from the Paulding County Line to Middle Point Weitzel Road in the eastbound driving lane will be restricted through the work zone for sealing of pavement cracks. Work is being performed by the Van Wert County ODOT maintenance garage.
U.S. 23 north of County Road 4 and south of Township Road 28 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for bridge deck repairs. The project could potentially be delayed until another time depending on the weather. Work is being performed by the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 Bridge Department.
Ohio 199 is no longer restricted after the completion of a culvert replacement.
Ohio 53/67 (8th Street/Marseilles Avenue) in the city of Upper Sandusky from High Street to Wyandot Avenue is open and traffic is being maintained through the work zone while work related to the water line installation and pavement repair is completed. The project is expected to continue until mid-November. Work is being performed by Park Enterprises, Marion.
Interstate 75 southbound exit ramp to Fourth Street to close briefly Monday; Traffic camera now operating at Ohio 117/309
- All major work on the reconstruction of Interstate 75 between Fourth Street and Stewart Road has been completed.
- The speed limit between Fourth Street and Stewart Road has been returned to 65 miles per hour.
- Both northbound and southbound Interstate 75 from just south of Fourth Street to the Auglaize County line is traveling in a contraflow pattern as follows:
- On the northbound side of the interstate, two lanes of northbound traffic and one lane of southbound traffic is maintained. Opposing traffic is separated with a concrete barrier wall.
- On the southbound side of the interstate, only one southbound lane is maintained.
- The exception is an area north and south of McClain Road where all lanes of Interstate 75 are traveling on the northbound side and are then transitioned back to the established pattern.
- This maintenance of traffic method will allow two lanes of traffic in each direction to be maintained, remove traffic from the existing pavement which is to be reconstructed, and create a safe work zone for the contractor.
- Traffic will remain in this pattern through winter.
- Motorists traveling southbound on Interstate 75 wishing to access Breese Road are directed to remain in the far-right southbound lane.
- Motorists traveling southbound on Interstate 75 wishing to access Ohio 65 are also directed to remain in the far-right lane. The southbound exit ramp to Ohio 65 is currently closed and traffic is being detoured to National Road to Interstate 75 northbound back to Ohio 65.
- Occasional lane restrictions are occurring throughout the work zone from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street during both daytime and nighttime hours.
- Motorists are advised to observe posted speeds through the work zone for their safety and the safety of workers. Speeds are being enforced by local law enforcement by ground and air patrol throughout the zone.
- Motorists are asked to be aware of trucks entering and exiting the interstate throughout the work zone at various locations. Heed message boards and signs which indicate lane use, obey the posted speed and use caution when passing vehicles in the zone.
- Traffic cameras may be accessed at www.odotlima75.com, or at www.Ohgo.com.
- Please drive slowly through the construction zone.
- New traffic signals are operating at the Ohio 81 interchange ramps with Interstate 75. The signals are now operating via vehicle detection cameras which prompt the signals to cycle when traffic is detected.
- All ramps at the interchange are open.
Ohio 117/309 Interchange
- All signals at the interchange are operating on vehicle detection cameras.
- All ramps at the interchange are open.
- A traffic camera which will display traffic conditions on Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound, and on Ohio 117/309 both eastbound and westbound is now in operation and available for viewing atwww.ohgo.com. All views from the camera are not currently available but will be in the near future.
Fourth Street Interchange
- On Monday, November 17, the exit ramp from Interstate 75 southbound to Fourth Street will be closed for approximately three hours for pavement evaluation. The closure will begin at 9 a.m. Traffic detoured south on Interstate 75 to Breese Road, to Interstate 75 northbound back to Fourth Street.
- Traffic on Ohio 65 has been transitioned onto new concrete pavement.
- The northbound entrance ramp from Ohio 65 to northbound Interstate 75 closed August 13 until the project’s completion in 2016. Traffic detoured southbound on Interstate 75 to National Road and back to Interstate 75 north.
- The southbound exit ramp from Interstate 75 to Ohio 65 closed August 29 until late spring of 2015. Traffic detoured to Breese Road to Interstate 75 northbound back to Ohio 65.
- Hanthorn Road over Interstate 75 closed May 12 for reconstruction of the bridge and for work on Interstate 75 below the bridge. The bridge will remain closed until the fall of 2016.
- McClain Road over Interstate 75 closed September 2 for reconstruction and for work on Interstate 75 below the bridge.
- The road will remain closed until the completion of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project in 2016.
Breese Road Interchange
- Minor finish work continues on the bridge. Some lane restrictions may be possible but will be short term.
- All ramps at the interchange are open.