14th annual Bluffton – Fall Festival Sept. 22
The Bluffton community’s 14th annual Fall Festival, with many family-oriented activities, takes place throughout the community on Saturday, Sept. 22, according to Daren Lee of Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio, who coordinates the festival.
All activities are free unless otherwise designated. Food and other items are available for purchase at multiple locations. There will be buses traveling between all locations at scheduled intervals. Please see posted signs at the “bus stop” at each location for the schedule as well as on the Bluffton Fall Festival Facebook page (facebook.com/BlufftonFallFest) or at www.blufftonfallfestival.com. Parking is also available at each location.
Here’s the schedule, by location:
Maple Crest Senior Living Village, 700 Maple Crest Ct.
• Antique tractor show, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Live Music by Jim Boedecker, 11 a.m.-11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
• Kiddie tractor pull, registration 12:30-1:00 p.m., pull starts 1:00 p.m.
• Fishing derby (bait & poles provided), 2-3:00 p.m.
• Food for sale 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mennonite Memorial Home, 410 W. Elm St.
• Silent auction. Items can be viewed in the lobby. Bids accepted from Sept. 17 to noon on Sept. 22.
• Bake sale, 10:00 a.m.-2 p.m., or until sold out, whichever comes first. Proceeds benefit the volunteer Service Group of Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio.
• Kid’s activities – straw dig, Kiddie Train ride, Lawn Jenga, Cornhole Toss, face painting & more, 10 am-3 pm
• Food for sale, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Fun Photo Booth, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Horse-drawn carriage rides between Mennonite Memorial Home and downtown Bluffton, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Kettle corn for sale, Maple Syrup for sale, soaps & lotions for sale, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• DJ Music, 10 am – 3 pm
Main Street retail district – Many businesses will be open, some with sales. A Farmers’ Market with over 25 vendors takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 in the Citizens National Bank (102 S. Main) parking lot. Face painting and balloon animals will be hosted by Mercy Health of Bluffton (204 N. Main) from 10 am – 2 pm. Bluffton SCC will be hosting a Soup & Salad Lunch from 11 am – 1 pm as well as a rug weaving demonstration beginning at 10 am. There will be a bus stop & horse drawn carriage stop at 154 N. Main between 10 am – 3 pm.
Swiss Community Historical Society Homestead, 8350 Bixel Road
Bluffton Scrap Artists quilt show, farm animal exhibits, straw bale maze and other kid’s games, corn shelling, bread-baking, needle crafts, open-fire meat roasting, popcorn popping, soup cooking, old-time rural crafts, wagon rides, horse plowing, Swiss-German music, historical exhibits, food for sale and more. 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
BFR Sports and Fitness, 215 Snider Road
Movie on the Lawn – “Hocus Pocus” being shown at 7:30 pm. Food trucks/vendors will be on site starting at 5:00 pm with food for sale. Kid’s “light up” craft starting at 5 until the movie begins or supplies run out, whichever comes first.
Bluffton Hospital, 139 Garau St.
Pony rides, inflatables for kids, pumpkin decorating, Kona Ice and light refreshments. This venue is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For updates and complete information on the Bluffton Fall Festival visit its Facebook at facebook.com/BlufftonFallFest or www.blufftonfallfestival.com.