Bridge work will affect U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange ramps on Monday
LIMA, Ohio (March 15, 2018) – The following impacts to traffic related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay and Hancock County are scheduled to occur:
Interstate 75 will be reduced to one lane in both directions between state Route 224 and U.S. 68/state Route 15 for the setting of bridge beams over the Blanchard River.
- Work is currently scheduled to take place April 16 through 19.
- Hours of operation will be during nighttime hours, generally 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. each day.
- Traffic on I-75, both directions, will be temporarily stopped in 15 minute intervals with traffic control provided by local law enforcement.
- The ramp from U.S. 224 to I-75 southbound will used as a staging area for the beams. Ramp traffic will also be temporarily stopped in 15 minute intervals as needed during the operation.
- All Findlay entrance and exit ramps will remain open during the operation.
U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange
The ramp from U.S. 68/state Route 15 to I-75 southbound will be closed from 9 p.m. Monday, March 19, to 7 a.m. Tuesday, March 20, as crews construct the deck on a new bridge structure over the ramp.
- The ramp from I-75 southbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15 (loop ramp) will be temporarily stopped for short intervals between midnight and 5 a.m. the same night during the bridge deck construction.
Setting of bridge beams for a new ramp which will carry traffic on U.S. 68/state Route 15 to I-75 northbound will take place during daytime hours on Monday, March 19, weather permitting. Traffic will not be affected.
U.S. 68/state Route 15
U.S. 68/state Route 15 is reduced to one lane in both directions between Lima Avenue and the Findlay city line, which is just north of West Hobart Avenue, due to drainage work in preparation for road reconstruction. Lane restrictions for the drainage work continue through next week.
All exit and entrance ramps will remain open at Lima Avenue. Additional lane restrictions for reconstruction in the same area of U.S. 68/state Route 15 are expected soon.
About the Hancock I-75 project:
Interstate 75 will be reconstructed and widened beginning just south of Harrison Street/County Road 144, which is just south of the U.S. Route 68/state Route 15 interchange, to the county Road 99 interchange, Findlay, Hancock County. The project will reconstruct approximately five miles of the existing four lanes of Interstate 75, construct an additional lane of travel in each direction, replace all mainline bridges on I-75, replace the Harrison Street overpass, redesign and reconstruct the interchange between U.S. 68/state Route 15 and Interstate 75, and redesign and reconstruct the interchange with U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue. The project also includes the construction of noise walls at particular locations. Expected completion is May 2020. Beaver Excavating, Canton, serves as the general contractor.
Project information may be found at: http://tinyurl.com/hancock75