HANCOCK COUNTY: Lima Avenue set to close Monday
· Lima Avenue under U.S. 68/state Route 15 will close for approximately one year
· Entrance ramp from U.S. 68/state Route 15 to Interstate 75 southbound to close for one year
LIMA, Ohio (Oct. 11, 2018) – The following impacts to traffic related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay and Hancock County are scheduled to occur:
Interstate 75, both northbound and southbound throughout the project, from just south of Harrison Street to county Road 99, is occasionally restricted to one lane during nighttime hours only, generally between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. for pavement reconstruction and widening. Two lanes of traffic in each direction are maintained during daytime hours.
- All traffic on Interstate 75 between Sandusky Street and U.S. 68/state Route 15 is now traveling on the southbound side during reconstruction and widening of the northbound lanes.
- Access to exit and entrance ramps is maintained, except at state Route 12 where the northbound ramps remain closed for reconstruction.
- By the end of this year, Interstate 75 from U.S. 224 to county Road 99 will be traveling on three lanes in each direction on intermediate pavement. The final layer of pavement will not be placed until the final year of the project in 2020.
U.S. 68/STATE ROUTE 15
U.S. 68/state Route 15 is reduced to one lane in both directions between Lima Avenue and the Findlay city limit, which is just north of West Hobart Avenue, for drainage work and road reconstruction. The route will remain in this pattern through next summer.
U.S. 224 INTERCHANGE
All ramps at U.S. 224 are open.
STATE ROUTE 12 INTERCHANGE
The Interstate 75 northbound entrance and exit ramps at state Route 12 closed Sept. 10 for approximately 60 days for reconstruction.
- Exit ramp traffic is detoured to the U.S. 224 interchange and Interstate 75 southbound back to state Route 12 (see map)
- Entrance ramp traffic is detoured onto state Route 12, county Road 140 and U.S. 224 back to Interstate 75 northbound (see map)
U.S. 68/STATE ROUTE 15 INTERCHANGE
The exit ramp from Interstate 75 northbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15 closed June 2017 for approximately three years.
- Traffic is detoured north to the U.S. 224 interchange to Interstate 75 southbound back to U.S. 68/state Route 15. (see map)
A new flyover ramp, which will take traffic from I-75 southbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15, is expected to open to traffic by Thanksgiving.
The entrance ramp from U.S. 68/state Route 15 to Interstate 75 southbound is tentatively scheduled to close in early November for approximately one year (see map).
- Traffic will be detoured onto Interstate 75 northbound to the U.S. 224 interchange to Interstate 75 southbound. The detour will switch to the state Route 12 interchange when the northbound ramps reopen.
Lima Avenue is scheduled to close Oct. 15 for approximately one year for construction of a double roundabout. The following traffic impacts will occur when the closure is in place (see graphic).
- Lima Avenue traffic will not be permitted to travel east or west beneath U.S. 68/state Route 15 beginning Oct. 15 for one year.
- No access from U.S. 68 southbound to Lima Avenue eastbound, or from U.S. 68 northbound to Lima Avenue westbound will be possible.
- To access Lima Avenue on the west side of U.S. 68/state Route 15, traffic will be detoured onto I-75 northbound to the U.S. 224 interchange to I-75 southbound back to Lima Avenue (see map).
- To access Lima Avenue on the east side of U.S. 68/state Route 15, traffic will be detoured onto U.S. 68/state Route 15 southbound to the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange, south of Findlay, to U.S. 68/state Route 15 northbound back to Lima Avenue (see map).
All four U.S. 68/state Route 15 ramps at Lima Avenue will remain open.
- Access to the existing southbound on/off ramps will be maintained on the airport side.
- Access to the existing northbound on/off ramps will be maintained on the Cooper Tire side.
- Overnight or weekend ramp closures will be necessary later in the year.
- All ramps at Lima Avenue will be closed temporarily when traffic is transitioned from the existing ramps onto the newly constructed ramps. This will occur during off-peak hours during a weekend.
Logan Avenue and Byal Avenue are affected by the construction at Lima Avenue.
- A temporary access from Logan Avenue to Lima Avenue will be restored through the winter. The access will open this fall (see map).
- Byal Avenue closed in July for approximately one year.
- Construction of noise walls is occurring throughout the project and is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
Contact: ODOT District 1’s public information office
(419) 999-6803; D01.PIO@dot.ohio.gov
Know Before You Go!
For more detailed traffic information, and to get personalized traffic alerts for your commute, download the OHGO app or visit OHGO.com.