Allyson Murray, Village Administrator
December 6, 2016
Village Administrator Report
1. Meeting Review
• Nov 14 – Wood County Mayor’s Association @ 6:00pm American Legion
• Nov 15 – North Baltimore Village Council Meeting @ 7:00pm Village Hall
• Nov 16 – Ohio Economic Development Council Seminar in Columbus
• Nov 17 – Wood County Economic Development Lunch @ noon American Legion
• Nov 21 – Employee Luncheon at Village Hall @ 11:30am
• Nov 24 – Thanksgiving Village Office Closed
• Nov 25 – Black Friday Village Office Closed
• Nov 30 – Deadline for Legal Counsel RFQ’s 5:00pm
• Dec 1 – Public Safety Committee Meeting @ Village Hall 10:00am
• Dec 1 – Wood County Economic Development 4:00-6:30pm French Qtr. Perrysburg
• Dec 2 – Communications Tower Raising at Village Hall @ 9:00am (weather permitting)
• Dec 2 – Tree City USA Application Deadline 5:00pm
2. Upcoming Meetings:
• Dec 6 – Village Council Meeting at Village Hall 7:00pm
• Dec 7 – Public Mtg. Wood Co. Land Use Plan @ BG Library 6:30-8:00pm
• Dec 12 – Preconstruction Meeting for Main St. Waterline 11:00am Village Hall
• Dec 13 – Committee of the Whole Meeting 5:30pm @ Village Hall
3. Main Street Corridor – The Preconstruction Meeting for the Main St. Waterline will be held on Monday December 12 at 11:00am at Village Hall. Present at this meeting will be representatives from Buckeye Excavating, the company who was awarded this bid as well as Denise Plummer, project engineer from Poggemeyer Design. We received the authorization to proceed on this project late last week from Ohio Public Works Commission who provided the funding.
4. Amplex –Water Tower @ Grant Road – Amplex has installed its equipment on the village Water Tower on Grant Road. They are up and running and those citizens interested in internet service from Amplex should contact them at (888) 419-3635, or visit their website www.amplex.net/
5. Municipal Building Communications Tower – The foundation was excavated on Monday November 14th then poured on Thursday November 17th. The first section of the tower was set on Wednesday November 23. The final section of tower was installed on Friday December 2, 2016. The Village now has a 120 foot free standing communications tower from which we will be able to collect the water meter data, as well as doubling the height for the safety forces radio communications.
6. Search for Appointed Legal Counsel –The RFQs (Request for Qualifications) for new legal counsel for the village were due on Wednesday November 30, 2016 by 5:00pm. The Personnel, Policy & Ordinance Review Committee will work with the Mayor and Village Administrator to conduct interviews in December. The intent is to have a candidate to present to council at the December 20, 2016 council meeting.
7. Winter Weather Reminders – Winter Weather reminders went out in the December 1, 2016 water bills to residents. Included in this reminder was the snow emergency street listing, the ordinance regarding snow emergencies, the ordinance regarding keeping sidewalks clear after snow fall, as well as reminders to never shovel snow out into the street. Any village resident who has questions about our winter weather regulations should contact the village office.
8. Hiring Recommendation for EMS – Chief Matthes has requested to hire Mr. Ben VanAtta as a part time employee of the village EMS. As a paramedic he will be making $13.50 per hour. Mr. VanAtta’s Form F-19a and letter from Chief Matthes requesting the hire are included in the council packets.
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to hire Mr. Ben VanAtta as a part time EMS employee of the village at starting pay of $13.50 per hour.
9. Hiring Recommendation for Dispatch – Sue Kepling, a five year employee of North Baltimore Dispatch has given her notice to retire at the end of December. Chief Baer is currently looking at filling this position and should have a candidate for consideration by the December 6, 2016 council meeting. Information on the candidate for consideration will be forwarded as soon as it becomes available.
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to hire ___________________ as a part time Police Dispatcher at starting pay of $9.75 per hour.
10. Wood County Land Use Plan Public Meeting – The Wood County Land Use Plan Steering Committee will be holding a public meeting on Wednesday December 7, 2016 at the Bowling Green Public Library from 6:30-8:00pm.
11. Catch Basin Cleaning- The North Baltimore Street Dept. is currently working with Bugner’s Sewer & Septic to complete the catch basin cleaning for the south end of the village. This should be completed by the week of December 12, 2016.
12. Christmas Lights – The North Baltimore Street Dept. along with a crew from Hancock Wood Electric installed the Christmas Lights in the downtown area on Thursday evening December 1, 2016. The North Baltimore Rotary Club was kind enough to check each strand of lights to ensure they were working properly prior to installation. A special thanks to Hancock Wood and North Baltimore Rotary Club for assisting with this yearly tradition.
13. Santa’s Arrival in the Village – The North Baltimore Chamber of Commerce will be welcoming Santa’s arrival in the village on Wednesday December 7, 2016 at 6:00pm at Bob Kelley Chevrolet. In addition to visiting with Santa & Mrs. Claus, children may participate in games, crafts, activities and take a horse and buggy ride. Contact the Chamber of Commerce for more information.
14. Henry Township / EMS Update – The village council will be discussing EMS service to Henry Township during the Public Safety Committee portion of the council meeting. A letter to Henry Township is included in the council packet as well as a memo regarding the letter. More information will be presented at the meeting.
15. High School Choir Food Drive & Caroling – The high school choir will be singing Christmas Carols at the Gazebo and will have a food drive with hot chocolate available in the Fire Dept. beginning at 6:00pm on Tuesday December 20, 2016. Main St. will be temporarily closed during this time.
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to schedule the 200 block of Main St. to be closed on Tuesday December 20, 2016 from 6:00pm-8:00pm for a performance and food drive fundraiser by the high school choir.