North Baltimore Village FINANCE OFFICER’S REPORT – Council Meeting – May 5, 2015
1) Income tax collections 2015 vs. 2014 as of 1/31/2015:
2) Difference in income tax collections – 2015 vs 2014
a. Decrease in collections: Taxes withheld from employees.
3) Collections to Note:
a. Dept of Public Safety – Fire Equipment Grant: $424.72
4) I have not received collection information from Great Lakes Billing for April EMS collections. I will report these figures in my 5/19/15 report.
5) Attached is an email from the state regarding the creation of a separate EMS Operations Fund.
6) Beginning this month I will be preparing a monthly revenue report for council review. These reports will be presented at the second meeting of each month.
7) Due to increasing fees from Huntington Bank, The administrator and I have been exploring other options for the Village’s banking needs. Attached is an outline of services and various fees for comparison of each bank.
8) Appropriation explanation:
a. Appropriation Ordinance: The village received a grant from the county to replace the slide at the playground. This ordinance adds these proceeds to the park budget. It is an emergency because the Village has accepted delivery on the slide, and the vendor invoice has been received. This appropriation matches the amount of grant funds received.
b. Appropriation Ordinance: The fire department received a grant from the Department of Public Safety. This appropriation will add these funds to the fire budget to purchase equipment. The amount received was $424.72, this appropriation is in the same amount.
c. Appropriation Ordinance: One of the ambulances (982) will be requiring a number of repairs. Included is a service quote from Reineke to perform the various repairs. This ordinance will add the cost of the repairs to the EMS budget. It is an emergency because these repairs need to be complete to continue providing quality EMS services to the village.
d. Appropriation Ordinance 2015-13: Funding to support a part-time EMS department from 7/1/15-12/31/15. Based on first quarter figures, it is estimated that 34,800.00 will need to be appropriated to fund a part-time EMS department for the second half of the year. These funds are being expended from the general fund carryover.
e. Appropriation Ordinance 2015-14: The village received a reimbursement check for hazmat services provided on route 75. Per fire chief, he would like these funds to be added back into his 2015 budget. The revenue amount is $577.79. The appropriation is in the same amount.