Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, was completed in the spring of 2014. Project 2 reconstructed the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase was completed in 2014. Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, began in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75. The overall project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.
- Monday through Thursday of next week, Interstate 75 southbound from Fourth Street to the Auglaize County line south of Lima will be reduced to one lane to allow for setting of bridge beams at two locations: at the Ohio 65 interchange and over the Little Ottawa River just north of Ohio 65.
- The lane closure will begin at 7 a.m. and will be removed by 2 p.m. each day.
- The work will close the southbound lane on the far west side of the interstate where only one lane of southbound traffic is being maintained during the reconstruction of the interstate.
- During the lane closure, all southbound traffic will be shifted onto the northbound side of the interstate where two lanes of northbound traffic and one lane of southbound traffic is maintained with opposing traffic separated by a concrete barrier wall.
- Work at both bridge locations will continue through the winter with minimal effect on traffic.
- No lane restrictions will occur over the holidays.
- The reconstruction of Interstate 75 from the Fourth Street interchange to the Auglaize County line began in 2014 and is scheduled to be completed in 2016.