This hearty casserole is full of meat, onion and cheeses, sitting on top of a crescent roll dough crust. Add even more flavor and top your casserole with olives, green onions, lettuce, tomatoes and jalapenos with a side of sour cream, chips and salsa.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16oz) refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 bag (8oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (8oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, onion and taco seasoning.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread beef mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with toppings.
Watch video to see how easy this recipe is!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.