Wood County Committee on Aging, Inc. – Position: Driver / Maintenance (Part-time) – Position Description
Wood County Committee on Aging, Inc.
Position: Driver / Maintenance (Part-time)
Index Number: 203
Reports to: Director of Fiscal and Facility Operations
Purpose: Maintain a clean and safe environment for the participants, guests, and employees of the Wood County Committee on Aging.
Responsibilities to include:
1. Transport Lunch Bunch clients daily.
2. Oversee maintenance of vehicles and compliance with state regulations.
3. Serve as back-up to Kitchen Assistant and/or Food Service drivers, as assigned.
4. Oversee maintenance of physical operations of the Bowling Green location, including coordination of administration approved work projects.
5. Set-up and teardown of rooms /facility for all meetings, and classes, and Wood County Seniors rummage sale events.
6. Provide scheduled cleaning of common areas at the Production Kitchen.
7. Observe and report any conditions requiring attention or repair.
8. Maintain clean, debris-free exterior building entrance areas (including snow/ice removal/leaf removal from steps, railings, ramps and landings), as needed.
9. Provide at a minimum, weekly vacuuming for all carpeted surfaces.
10. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
Education requirements: Minimum requirements high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Must understand importance of maintaining sanitary standards for public venues. Must successfully complete ServSafe for Employees food service training. Must be a self-starter with the ability to assess and prioritize projects. Must have a minimum of 5 years driving experience and a demonstrated ability to operate large vehicles (does not require a CDL).
Must have a proven record of working harmoniously with older adults as well as colleagues. Must be eligible for bonding and insurable under agency policy. Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s license with proof of auto insurance (state minimum). Must meet the requirements contained in Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) 173-3-06.6 (B)(3). Compliance shall be reviewed not less than annually. Must successfully complete Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) records check, as defined in OAC 173-9-01.
Must demonstrate fluency in English, both written and oral. Requires lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, and standing for extended periods of time, and carrying hot pans/trays of food. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Must be able to work in kitchen environment with heat and steam.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of this position. This description shall not be construed as declaring the specific tasks and responsibilities. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The use of this particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Note: Responsibilities are not listed in any defined order or priority, but are requirements of the position.
Agency application available at the Wood County Committee on Aging, 305 N. Main Street, Bowling Green, Ohio; at our website http://wccoa.net/employment/; or by calling 419.353.5661. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE.