Calling all chocolate lovers!!! Not only is the pie rich with chocolate, it is easy to make when you need a quick dessert. Try this recipe and more dessert recipes at culinary.net.
Chocolate Silk Pie
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter and unsweetened chocolate.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream then pour mixture into crust.
- Topping: in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
Watch video of how to make this delicious pie!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home