VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE
October 2, 2018
I. Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor Goldner called the meeting to order at 5:30 PM and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
II. Roll Call:
Mayor Janet Goldner-Here, Matt Beegle- Here, Ty Carles-Here, Tim Engard- Here, Aaron Patterson-Absent, Art Patterson -Absent, Leisa Zeigler- Here, Clerk Kathi Bucher- Here
Mr. Carles made a motion to excuse Mr. Art Patterson. Second by Mr. Beegle.
Mr. Carles made a motion to excuse Mr. Aaron Patterson. Second by Ms. Zeigler. All approved.
III. Approval of the Minutes:
Motion by Mr. Carles to approve the minutes of the September 18, 2018 meeting. Second by Mr. Beegle. All approved.
IV. Public Participation:
V. Letters and Communications:
VI. Administrative Reports:
Finance Officer: working on the budget; will meet with all council to go over budgets, COTW in a couple of weeks.
Mr. Beegle wanted to make sure all hours are under OT
Fire Chief: No questions for any of the chiefs
-October 27 is the Parade; it will start at High Street and end at the Fire Station
-October 31 is Trick or Treat from 6:00-7:30 pm
-New Business Roll Rite (old ABCO building) October 13 from 10:30-2 will hold an open house.
3) Close Streets: Mr Carles made a motion to close Main Street from Hight St. to Walnut St on Saturday, October 27th from 5pm-10 pm. Second by Ms. Zeigler. Motion Passed.
4) New hires as Dispatcher: Mr. Carles made a motion to hire Nicole Reed per form F-19a as a PT dispatcher starting September 16, 2018 at a rate of $9.75/hr. Second by Mr. Engard. All approved.
Mr. Carles made a motion to hire Heather Noykos per form F-19a as a PT dispatcher starting September 18, 2018 at a rate of $9.75/hr. Second by Mr. Engard. All approved
5) Tree Removal: Mr. Carles made a motion to recommend from the Board of Zoning Appeals a permit be issued to Protech Rental Properties to continue with the installation of the parking lot at 204 Broadway using the amended plans. Second by Mr. Beegle. All approved.
6) Interview process- we have received over 40 applications; will go over them and narrow them down
7)Water tower loan- Need to clarify where the money is coming from- Capital Improvement Funds?
8) Advertise for Fall Tree Removal: Mr. Carles made a motion to give the Mayor approval to advertise for the Fall Tree Removal per Tree Committee recommendations, not to exceed $7,000.00 Second by Mr. Engard. All approved.
9) Camera Update- nothing to report; still waiting.
Appointed Legal counsel: went over several items that he has cleaned up; talked about using email do’s and don’ts
Mayor: FYI: to all council “don’t reply to all”- Public interaction; it can’t be a dialogue. Everything you send does need to be sent to [email protected] To get to Kathi it should go to [email protected]
VII. Standing Committees:
Economic and Community Development (Ms. Zeigler)
September 27 had a meeting with Todd Dickerson. He gave us his first proposal. Mr. Carles wanted to know where the money was coming from to fund this. Ms. Lee said she found the money to be used.
Briar Hill to hold a Soup Day on October 23, 2018
Trunk or Treat on October 29
Public Safety (Mr. Art Patterson)
Personnel, Policy and Ordinance Review (Mr. Carles)
Still need to get the vacation time figured out. Time is piling up; can’t role it over. Mr. Kuhlman said he thinks there is a payout minimum.
Public Works (Mr. Aaron Patterson)
Paving of the tennis courts has been done. There is a pole left in the middle of the area. Why? It is the anchor for the tennis net. Need to decide how to make it safe.
Public Utilities (Mr. Engard)
Finance and Technology (Mr. Beegle)
Mr. Beegle is asking about the phone bill and how expensive it is. Frontier’s contract is about up and the village is looking for other options.
VIII. New Legislation, Resolutions, Motions or Business
IX. Second Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
X. Third Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
XI. Other New Business
Mr. Carles made a motion to approve the hiring of Volunteer Fireman Trenton Strickland per form F-19a. Second by Mr. Beegle. All approved.
Mr. Carles made a motion to accept the recommendation of the Zoning Committee to change the zoning for 200 and 204 W. Broadway from R2 to R3. Second by Mr. Beegle. All approved.
XII. Other Old Business
Mr. Beegle brought up the Japanese Maple tree on the corner of W. Water and Sprigg Street. Can it be removed?
XIII. Payment of the Bills
Mr. Carles made a motion to put the bills totaling $ 238,863.51 on the Claims Ordinance. Second by Mr. Beegle. All approved.
Mr. Beegle made a motion to pay the bills totaling $ 238,863.51. Second by Ms. Zeigler. All approved.
Mr. Carles made a motion to appoint Ms. Zeigler as President Pro Tem. Second by Mr. Beegle. All approved.
Mr. Beegle made a motion to adjourn at 6:18 PM. Second by
Mr. Engard. All approved.