BOWLING GREEN, Ohio, – The Northwestern Water and Sewer District (the District) announced today that it is the proud recipient of the Auditor of State Award with Distinction.
The District received the award following its annual financial audit with the Ohio Auditor of State. The Auditor of State is responsible for auditing more than 5,900 state and local government agencies. Less than 300 are eligible to receive this award.
“Our mission states that we are committed to sound financial management, and this is a great way of showing our customers that our team is fiscally responsible for the clean, safe water we deliver and treat,” District President, Jerry Greiner said.
According to the Auditor of state website, to receive this award, entities must meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
The award was presented, Tuesday, November 14, at The District office by Auditor of State West Regional Liaison, Joe Braden.