Bowling Green, Ohio, January 2, 2015 – Beginning on Tuesday, January 6, staff from the Wood County Dog Shelter will be selling dog licenses at satellite locations throughout the County.
All Ohio dog owners are required to purchase a dog license by January 31 or pay a penalty if purchased after this date. The price for a one-year dog license is $14. A three-year license is available for $42, in addition to a permanent dog license for $140.
Purchases made at one of the satellite locations or the Wood County Dog Shelter can be paid by cash or check. Licenses can also be purchased at the Wood County Auditor’s Office, located on the 2nd Floor of the County Office Building in Bowling Green or on-line at www.co.wood.oh.us/auditor. A convenience fee will be charged for credit card purchases.
For additional information, please contact the Wood County Dog Shelter by calling, (419) 354-9242.
2015 Wood County Dog License Sales Information
- All dogs more than three months of age must be licensed.
- The standard licensing period runs December 1 to January 31.
- License applications after January 31 are subject to a late penalty.
- Licenses may not be transferred from one dog to another.
- One year licenses are available for purchase online. Three year and permanent licenses are available at the Auditor’s office and Dog Shelter. Kennel licenses are available at the Auditor’s office only.
- Licenses may be purchased online at http://dogtags.co.wood.oh.us. Items purchased online are subject to a per item $2.00 convenience fee, indicated as ‘Online Fee’. Purchases made online are payable using American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa credit cards. Licenses are sent through the postal mail. Please allow up to 10 business days for processing and delivery.
License Type Regular Price Online Price
1 Year License $14 $16
3 Year License $42 Not Available Online
Permanent License $140 Not Available Online
Kennel License $70 Not Available Online
2015 Satellite Dog License Sales Locations & Schedule
January 6 Friendly Village Mobile Home Park 10 am – 12 pm Main Office
January 7 Troy Villa Mobile Home Park 1 pm – 4 pm Main Office
January 13 Perrysburg City 1 pm – 4 pm Atrium of City Office Building
January 14 Village of Haskins 1 pm – 4 pm Town Hall
January 20 City of Northwood 1 pm – 4 pm City Council Chambers
January 21 Village of Pemberville 1pm – 4 pm Town Hall
January 28 City of Rossford 1pm – 4 pm City Municipal Building
January 30 Fostoria 12 pm – 4 pm City Municipal Building