North Baltimore Village Finance Officer’s Report to Council – November 4, 2014
- Income tax collections 2014 vs. 2013 as of 10/31/2014:
Month 2014 2013 2014 Over/Under
January 75,676 75,569 107
February 50,883 50,321 562
March 60,840 46,861 13,979
April 97,156 66,759 30,397
May 71,530 84,295 (12,765)
June 56,892 87,401 (30,509)
July 53,452 47,136 6,316
Aug 48,010 54,383 (6,373)
Sep 49,602 38,572 11,030
Oct 62,155 109,578 (47,423)
- The accounts payable list for Oct 22 – Oct 31 is included for council review and approval on the Claims Ordinance.
- Difference in income tax collections – 2014 vs 2013
- Decrease in collections: Taxes withheld from employees
- Decrease in collections: Taxes withheld from Businesses
- Decrease in collections: Estimated taxes withheld for the next filing year.
- Collections to note:
- S. Brown donation to NB Police – $250.00
- Eagles donation to NB Police – $750.00
Note: Chief Baer has requested these amounts be added to his budget.
- Upcoming Legislation (11/18)
- Clean Up Ordinance
- Transfer Ordinance
- Revenue Adjustment Ordinance
- Ordinance Explanation:
- Appropriation ordinance – D.S. Brown and Eagles donation to the Police department.
- Great Lakes EMS collections are listed as a separate
- The 2015 budget will be presented at the 11/11 COTW and its first reading will be on 11/18. It will receive three readings prior to year end.
- The village has signed with Benefit Strategies and Medical Mutual for the Village’s 2015 healthcare coverage with an increase of 11.87% from 2014. There have not been any changes in coverage.
- The village has signed with PEP for property and liability insurance for coverage in 2015.
- There is a resident whose previous employer was incorrectly withholding North Baltimore Tax from his paychecks. The tax years span from 2008-2013. Per CCA this is a legitimate claim and they mentioned he is due a refund. The issue is that tax years from 2008-2010 are out of statute and can only be paid with the Village’s consent. Years 2011-2013 will be going through the process automatically.
- From 2008-2013, this refund is roughly a few hundred dollars.
- The Income Tax Review Board has agreed to refund the entire amount from 2008-2013.
- I have been in touch with PEP and Huntington regarding the check fraud. It appears this will be an approved claim with PEP, and we will be potentially reimbursed for the full amount.
- During this period of transition, both April and myself were able to effectively complete utility billing procedures, and the utility bills were sent out on time. It is worth noting that April Dick has been a large part of this smooth transition – she has been a valuable asset in the operation of the administrative office.