Week of July 23, 2018
The following is highway construction scheduled to occur within Hancock County. Work is dependent upon weather conditions, and unless otherwise noted, it will take place during daytime hours.
Interstate 75 between County Road 99 and the Lima Avenue/county Road 313 overpass within the city of Findlay is affected during a $114 million reconstruction and widening project. For information, visit the project website here.
Interstate 75 between Bentley Road and state Route 103 will be restricted to one lane at times for a bridge repair project. Work will occur on I-75 over Riley Creek in Allen County and on the county Road 15 bridge over Interstate 75 in Hancock County. The project is expected to be completed in late September. Work is being performed by Miller Brothers Construction, Archbold.
The project will have the following anticipated impacts to traffic:
- Interstate 75 in both directions is restricted at times to one lane in each direction through the work zone. A maximum width restriction of 13 feet is in place during the lane restriction.
- Beginning Sunday, July 29, at 7 p.m., Interstate 75 over Riley Creek will be restricted to one lane in both directions during bridge deck work. The restriction will remain in place until noon on Friday, Aug. 3.
- Variable speed limits are in place through the work zone. Electronic messages boards display the posted, legal speed limit, which will be reduced during construction operations and presence of workers in the area. The posted speed limit on the electronic boards is enforceable by law.
Interstate 75 southbound between state Route 613 and the Wood County line will be restricted to two lanes through the work zone for guardrail repair. Work is being performed by the ODOT roadway services department.
State Route 15 eastbound between township Road 196 and state Route 330, just west of Vanlue, will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for guardrail repair. Work is being performed by the ODOT roadway services department.
U.S. 68 between Liberty Street and the bridge over Buck Run, within the village of Arlington, closed July 9 for approximately four months for a reconstruction project. Local access will be maintained throughout the project. Work is being performed by Miller Contracting Group, Ottoville.
The following detours will be in place through the duration of the project.
- U.S. 68 northbound traffic is detoured onto U.S. 30, state Route 235 and Interstate 75 back onto U.S. 68. (see map)
- U.S. 68 southbound traffic is detoured onto state Route 15, U.S. 23 and U.S. 30 back onto U.S. 68. (see map)
State Route 103 between the village of Bluffton and state Route 698 will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for work being done in preparation for a chip seal project. Work is being performed by the ODOT Hancock County maintenance garage.
State Route 330 over state Route 15, Vanlue, closed May 29 for approximately four months for a bridge deck replacement. Lane restrictions on state Route 15 approaching the bridge are in place through the duration of the project. Work is being performed by E.S. Wagner, Oregon.
The following detours are in place through the duration of the project.
- State Route 330 northbound traffic is detoured onto state Route 15 eastbound, U.S. 23/state Route 103, and state Route 15 westbound back onto state Route 330. (see map)
- State Route 330 southboundtraffic is detoured onto state Route 15 westbound, state Route 37 and state Route 15 eastbound back to state Route 330. (see map)