June 1, 2018
The following is highway construction scheduled to occur within Hancock County. Work is dependent upon weather conditions, and unless otherwise noted, it will take place during daytime hours.
For information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction and widening project through Findlay and Hancock County, visit the project website here.
Interstate 75 between Bentley Road and state Route 103 will be restricted to one lane at times for a bridge repair project. Work will occur on I-75 over Riley Creek in Allen County and on the county Road 15 bridge over Interstate 75 in Hancock County. The project is expected to be completed in late September. Work is being performed by Miller Brothers Construction, Archbold.
The project will have the following anticipated impacts to traffic:
- Interstate 75 will be restricted to one lane in each direction through the work zone between 7 a.m. Sunday, June 3, and noon Friday, June 8, during work on the Riley Creek structure. A maximum width restriction of 13 feet will be in place during the lane restriction.
- Variable speed limits are in place through the work zone. Electronic messages boards display the posted, legal speed limit, which will be reduced during construction operations and presence of workers in the area. The posted speed limit on the electronic boards is enforceable by law.
State Route 103 between county Road 9 and township Road 65, between the villages of Jenera and Arlington, closed May 23 for approximately 30 days for a culvert replacement. Traffic is detoured onto U.S. 68, U.S. 30 and state Route 235 back to state Route 103. Work is being performed by Miller Contracting Group, Ottoville. (see map)
U.S. 224 between township Road 276 and county Road 23 in West Independence closed May 21 for approximately 45 days for a bridge overlay project. The project also includes the replacement of approach slabs on the bridge, the addition of curtain walls and upgrades to guardrail. Traffic is detoured onto state Route 12 and U.S. 23 back onto U.S. 224. Work is being performed by Vernon Nagel, Inc., Napoleon. (see map)
State Route 330 between state Route 568 and township Road 175, north of Value, is now open following a culvert replacement.
State Route 330 over state Route 15, Vanlue, will close May 29 for approximately four months for a bridge deck replacement. Work is being performed by E.S. Wagner, Oregon.
The project will have the following impacts to traffic:
- State Route 330 over state Route 15 closed May 29 for approximately four months.
- State Route 330 northbound traffic is detoured onto state Route 15 eastbound, U.S. 23/state Route 103, and state Route 15 westbound back onto state Route 330. (see map)
- State Route 330 southbound traffic is detoured onto state Route 15 westbound, state Route 37 and state Route 15 eastbound back to state Route 330. (see map)
- Lane restrictions on state Route 15 approaching the bridge are in place through the duration of the project.
State Route 698 over Interstate 75, between Rawson and Findlay, will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for bridge repair beginning June 11. Shoulder restrictions on Interstate 75 beneath the state Route 698 overpass are to be expected during the project, which should last through late June. Work is being performed by Complete General Construction, Columbus.