HANCOCK COUNTY: Southbound ramps at Lima Avenue and U.S. 68/state Route 15 to open Saturday, northbound ramps to close Monday
The following are current or upcoming traffic impacts related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 in Hancock County through the city of Findlay. All work is weather dependent.
Dates to note:
- Southbound ramps on the west side of U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue (airport side) scheduled to open.
- U.S. 68/state Route 15 southbound traffic through the Lima Avenue area will be in a new pattern.
- Northbound ramps on the east side of U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue (Cooper Tire side) scheduled to close for three weeks.
Lima Avenue closed Oct. 15, 2018 until the end of the 2019 construction season during construction of a roundabout. The following traffic impacts are in place:
- On Saturday, May 18, the southbound ramps at U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue on the west side of U.S. 68/state Route 15 near the airport will open.
- The ramps are expected to reopen by mid afternoon Saturday.
- When the ramps reopen, traffic will be in a new pattern and will utilize portions of the future roundabout.
- Traffic is currently detoured onto state Route 12 and county Road 9 back to Lima Avenue.
- On Monday, May 20, the northbound ramps at U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue on the east side of U.S. 68/state Route 15, near Cooper Tire, will close for approximately three weeks for roundabout construction.
- Work to place the detour will begin around midnight on Sunday, May 19 and be completed by the Monday morning commute.
- Traffic will be detoured to the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange south of Findlay, to U.S. 68 (Main Street) to Lake Cascades Parkway back to Lima Avenue.
- Per the city of Findlay, sections of Main Street and Lake Cascades Parkway where trucks are typically prohibited to travel will be permitted access during the three-week detour. Signs which now indicate trucks are prohibited on these sections will be covered.
- The restriction of trucks on this section of Main Street will be reinstated once the detour is removed.
- Lima Avenue traffic will still not be able to travel east or west beneath U.S. 68/state Route 15.
- No access from U.S. 68 southbound to Lima Avenue eastbound, or from U.S. 68 northbound to Lima Avenue westbound is possible.
- Once the ramps on the west side of U.S. 68/state Route 15 open on Saturday, access to Lima Avenue will be via I-75 northbound to the state Route 12 interchange to I-75 southbound back to Lima Avenue.
About the Hancock I-75 project:
Interstate 75 will be reconstructed and widened beginning just south of Harrison Street/County Road 144, which is just south of the U.S. Route 68/state Route 15 interchange, to the county Road 99 interchange, Findlay, Hancock County. The project will reconstruct approximately five miles of the existing four lanes of Interstate 75, construct an additional lane of travel in each direction, replace all mainline bridges on I-75, replace the Harrison Street overpass, redesign and reconstruct the interchange between U.S. 68/state Route 15 and Interstate 75, and redesign and reconstruct the interchange with U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue. The project also includes the construction of noise walls at particular locations. Expected completion is fall of 2020. Beaver Excavating, Canton, serves as the general contractor.
Project information may be found at: http://tinyurl.com/