Ramps at Fourth Street interchange to close short term on Thursday, ramps at Ohio 309 and Ohio 81 interchanges restricted Friday
Don’t drive DISTRACTED!!!
- Three of the four ramps at the Fourth Street interchange with Interstate 75 will close for approximately two hours each on Thursday for pavement evaluation. The first closure will begin at approximately 8 a.m. and will occur in the following order:
- Exit ramp from I-75 northbound to Fourth Street
- Entrance ramp from I-75 northbound to Fourth Street
- Entrance ramp from Fourth Street to I-75 southbound
- On Friday, the entrance ramps at the Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges with I-75 will be restricted, also for pavement evaluation. Traffic will be maintained at these locations with flaggers.
- During the week of March 23, I-75 both northbound and southbound from the Ohio 117/309 interchange to north of Reservoir Road will be reduced to one lane for pavement evaluation.
- The reconstruction of Interstate 75 from the Fourth Street interchange to the Auglaize County line began in 2014 and is scheduled to be completed in 2016.
About the I-75 Project Phases:
Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, was completed in the spring of 2014. Project 2 reconstructed the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase was completed in 2014. Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, began in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75. The overall project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.