Aug. 28 and 30, Sept. 4
· I-75 southbound traffic restricted, slowed
· I-75 northbound ramps at state Route 12 scheduled to close
LIMA, Ohio (Aug. 24, 2018) – The following impacts to traffic related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay and Hancock County are scheduled to occur.
All traffic on Interstate 75 between Sandusky Street and U.S. 68/state Route 15 is now traveling on the southbound side during reconstruction and widening of the northbound lanes.
Access to exit and entrance ramps is maintained, except at U.S. 224, where the northbound exit ramp remains closed for reconstruction. The northbound ramps at state Route 12 are also scheduled to close Sept. 10 for reconstruction.
By the end of this year, Interstate 75 from U.S. 224 to County Road 99 will be traveling on three lanes in each direction on intermediate pavement. The final layer of pavement will not be placed until next year.
The following traffic impacts on Interstate 75 are scheduled to occur:
- On Tuesday, Aug. 28, Interstate 75 southbound will be temporarily slowed for short intervals between County Road 99 through the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange during daytime hours for mobilization of equipment. In addition, the southbound entrance ramps at state Route 12 and U.S. 224 will be temporarily blocked for short intervals.
- On Thursday, Aug. 30, Interstate 75 southbound from County Road 99 through the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange will be restricted to one lane from approximately 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. the following day for bridge beam setting. In addition, traffic will be slowed and potentially stopped for short intervals from approximately midnight until 5 a.m.
- On Tuesday, Sept. 4, Interstate 75 southbound from county Road 99 through the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange will be restricted to one lane from approximately 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. the following day during removal of equipment used in the beam setting operation.
U.S. 68/STATE ROUTE 15
U.S. 68/state Route 15 is reduced to one lane in both directions between Lima Avenue and the city of Findlay, which is just north of West Hobart Avenue, for drainage work and road reconstruction. The route will remain in this pattern throughout next summer.
U.S. 224 INTERCHANGE
The northbound exit ramp from Interstate 75 northbound to U.S. 224 remains closed for reconstruction and is expected to reopen in early September, following the Labor Day holiday. Traffic is detoured to the County Road 99 interchange to Interstate 75 southbound back to U.S. 224. (see map)
The northbound entrance ramp is open.
STATE ROUTE 12 INTERCHANGE
The Interstate 75 northbound entrance and exit ramps at state Route 12 are scheduled to close Sept. 10 for approximately 60 days for reconstruction. The Interstate 75 northbound exit ramp at U.S. 224 will open before the ramps at state Route 12 close.
- Exit ramp traffic will be detoured to the U.S. 224 interchange and Interstate 75 southbound back to state Route 12 (see map)
- Entrance ramp traffic will be detoured onto state Route 12, county Road 140 and U.S. 224 back to Interstate 75 northbound (see map)
U.S. 68/STATE ROUTE 15 INTERCHANGE
The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15 (exit 156) closed June 2017 for approximately three years.
- Traffic is detoured north to the state Route 12 interchange to I-75 southbound back to U.S. 68/state Route 15. (see map)
- A new flyover ramp, which will take traffic from I-75 southbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15, is expected to open to traffic in mid-October.
Lima Avenue is scheduled to close early October for approximately one year for construction of a roundabout. The following traffic impacts will occur when the closure is in place:
- Lima Avenue traffic will not be permitted to travel east or west beneath U.S. 68/state Route 15.
- No access from U.S. 68 southbound to Lima Avenue eastbound or from U.S. 68 northbound to Lima Avenue westbound will be possible.
- All four ramps at Lima Avenue will remain open. Overnight or weekend closures will be necessary later in the year.
Logan Avenue and Byal Avenue is affected by the construction at Lima Avenue as follows:
- Logan Avenue is closed until early October and will open when Lima Avenue is closed.
- Byal Avenue closed in July 2018 for approximately one year.
- Construction of noise walls is occurring throughout the project and is expected to be completed in early November.
About the Hancock I-75 project:
Interstate 75 will be reconstructed and widened beginning just south of Harrison Street/County Road 144, which is just south of the U.S. Route 68/state Route 15 interchange, to the county Road 99 interchange, Findlay, Hancock County. The project will reconstruct approximately five miles of the existing four lanes of Interstate 75, construct an additional lane of travel in each direction, replace all mainline bridges on I-75, replace the Harrison Street overpass, redesign and reconstruct the interchange between U.S. 68/state Route 15 and Interstate 75, and redesign and reconstruct the interchange with U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue. The project also includes the construction of noise walls at particular locations. Expected completion is May 2020. Beaver Excavating, Canton, serves as the general contractor.
Project information may be found at: http://tinyurl.com/hancock75