I-75 northbound to be restricted Friday, Ohio 65 to close overnight Friday, entrance ramp to northbound I-75 from Ohio 65 now open
Ohio 65 and Ohio 65 interchange
- Traffic on I-75 north and south of the Ohio 65 interchange area continues to travel in a contraflow pattern where two southbound lanes and one northbound lane of traffic are traveling on the southbound side of the interstate, and one northbound lane is traveling on the northbound side of the interstate. Traffic will remain in this pattern until late summer.
- As of this morning, the single northbound lane on I-75 through the contraflow area has been switched onto new pavement in preparation for demolition of the remaining pavement and bridge structures at Ohio 65 and at the railroad bridge north (east) of Ohio 65.
- The demolition will occur on Friday, May 6 and will affect traffic on I-75 and Ohio 65 as follows:
o During the demolition, traffic on I-75 northbound in the contraflow area will be restricted to one lane beginning at approximately 7 p.m. Friday and potentially continuing through the weekend.
o The demolition of the structures will begin at approximately 10 p.m. and will require the closure of Ohio 65 at Interstate 75.
o Ohio 65 traffic will be detoured onto I-75 to Fourth Street or Breese Road back to Ohio 65.
o During the demolition, all ramps at the Ohio 65 interchange will be open.
o The Ohio 65 entrance ramp to northbound I-75, which has been closed for approximately two years, was reopened to traffic this morning. The entrance ramp will remain open following the demolition but may be closed for short periods during certain operations related to the project.
o Ohio 65 is expected to reopen to traffic by approximately 6 a.m. Saturday, May 7.
Interstate 75 from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street
- Interstate 75 from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, through Lima and Allen County, will have occasional lane closures throughout the year during the final year of the reconstruction of the interstate.
- Hanthorn Road over I-75 remains closed and is expected to reopen in June.
About the I-75 Project Phases:
Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, was completed in the spring of 2014. Project 2 reconstructed the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase was completed in 2014. Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, began in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75. The overall project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.