Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, was completed in the spring of 2014.
Project 2 reconstructed the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase was completed in 2014.
Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, began in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75.
The overall project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.
Interstate 75 mainline
- I-75 southbound between Fourth Street and Cridersville is restricted occasionally to one lane for reconstruction of the existing lanes.
- Lane closures will occur most hours of the day except between the hours of 1-6 p.m. when traffic volumes are highest.
- The closures will occur in the southbound lane on the far west side of the interstate where only one lane of southbound traffic is currently being maintained.
- During the lane closures, all southbound traffic will be shifted onto the northbound side of the interstate where two lanes of northbound traffic and one lane of southbound traffic is being maintained.
Ohio 65 Interchange
- Placement of concrete for the new bridge on I-75 over Ohio 65 will take place likely on Tuesday or Wednesday of the coming week. Traffic on Ohio 65 at the interchange may be restricted during the pour to allow for concrete trucks and equipment.
Breese Road Interchange
- Beginning April 20, the exit ramp from southbound I-75 to Breese Road and the entrance ramp from Breese Road to southbound I-75 will close for 30 days for pavement work on the ramps.
- I-75 southbound traffic wishing to access Breese Road will be detoured to the National Road interchange at Cridersville to I-75 northbound back to Breese Road.
- Breese Road traffic wishing to access I-75 southbound will be detoured north onto I-75 to Fourth Street back to I-75 southbound.