This is from Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 (South of Wood County Line) – I-75 southbound reduced to one lane on Wednesday for berm work south of Lima.
- I-75 southbound between McClain Road and Cridersville will be reduced to one lane on Wednesday for berm repair.
- The lane closure will begin at approximately 9 a.m. and will be removed by approximately noon.
- The work will close the southbound lane on the far west side of the interstate where only one lane of southbound traffic is currently being maintained.
- During the lane closure, all southbound traffic will be shifted onto the northbound side of the interstate where two lanes of northbound traffic and one lane of southbound traffic is being maintained.
- Also this week, pavement striping will require lane closures both northbound and southbound for one day from south of Fourth Street to Cridersville. This will be a moving operation which will require short-term lane closures. This operation is weather dependent.
- The reconstruction of Interstate 75 from the Fourth Street interchange to the Auglaize County line began in 2014 and is scheduled to be completed in 2016.
About the I-75 Project Phases:
Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, was completed in the spring of 2014. Project 2 reconstructed the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase was completed in 2014. Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, began in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75. This phase is scheduled to be completed in 2016.