The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces that effective Sunday, November 9, from 7pm until Monday, November 10 at 6am, southbound I-75, between US 6 and Cygnet Road, will be completely closed for pavement repair. Traffic will be detoured from southbound I-75 to US 6 (Exit 179) to SR 25 to Cygnet Road. Traffic will return to southbound I-75 from Cygnet Road.
To accommodate traffic during this time, the following restrictions and closures will take place:
· Southbound SR 25, between Gypsy Lane Road to US 6 will be reduced to one lane.
· The ramp from southbound SR 25 to eastbound US 6 will be closed. Detour: Gypsy Lane Road; Rudolph Road
· The ramp from eastbound US 6 to northbound SR 25 will be closed. Detour: Rudolph Road; Gypsy Lane Road.
· The ramp from US 6 to southbound I-75 will be closed. Detour: SR 25.
· Eastbound Cygnet Road at Rudolph Road will be closed: Rudolph Road; Oil Center Road; Grant Road.
On Sunday, November 9, from 4pm, until Monday, November 10 at 6am, the southbound I-75 rest area south of US 6 will be closed. All work is weather permitting.
Motorist can expect delays along southbound I-75, SR 25, US 6 and Cygnet Road in the above areas, especially in the early evening hours (7pm through 11pm). If possible, seek alternate route and avoid the area during this time.
This full closure is necessary to increase safety for the traveling public and highway workers. The pavement repairs require equipment and workers to be close to oncoming traffic if the interstate remains open. Crews from two ODOT contractors on the I-75 widening projects will be working during the time of the closure to expedite the time and resources necessary for the closure.