Ramp from I-75 northbound to U.S. 68/15 to close
LIMA (June 15, 2017) – The following impacts to traffic related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay and Hancock County are scheduled to occur in the coming weeks:
Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound from just south of County Road 313 (approximately mile marker 155) to county Road 99 (mile marker 161) is restricted to one lane at times through the work zone during nighttime hours only.
* The restrictions are necessary to perform shoulder work and for placement of temporary pavement in preparation for future shifts in traffic patterns.
* Lane restrictions generally occur from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night.
* Two lanes in each direction are maintained on I-75 during daytime hours.
The I-75 northbound lanes from the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange to county Road 99 have been shifted to the right onto the outside shoulder.
* Setting of concrete barrier is ongoing throughout this section in the northbound direction.
* Once the barrier is in place, construction operations during daytime hours will increase.
* The legal speed through the work zone is reduced when workers are present.
* Speed limits are displayed via electronic message boards which display the legal, posted speed through the zone.
I-75 southbound in the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange area is shifted to the outside shoulder for a short distance and then back during removal of the existing barrier wall.
* Removal of the barrier wall is occurring during daytime hours.
* The change in traffic pattern will continue for approximately another week.
*North of Findlay***
**Through July, single lane restrictions are possible on I-75 between U.S. 20 and county Road 99 for finish work.
All six lanes of I-75 between Oil Center Road and county Road 99 are now open, following the lane restrictions necessary for paving operations.
*Project complete:* October.All work is weather permitting.
U.S. 68/State Route 15 Interchange with I-75
*The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15 (exit 156)* is expected to close June 19 for approximately three years. At that time, traffic will be detoured north to the state Route 12 interchange to I-75 southbound back to U.S. 68/state Route 15. (See detour map [ http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D01/detours/Documents/HAN-75-68_15%20NB%20Exit%20Ramp.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery ])
*Harrison Street over Interstate 75*
Harrison Street over Interstate 75 closed May 15 for approximately nine months for reconstruction.
* Demolition of the existing Harrison Street bridge has been completed.
* Traffic on I-75 in the area of Harrison Street will be restricted to one lane at times for work related to the reconstruction of the bridge.
* Access to the Oakwoods Nature Preserve during the closure of the Harrison Street overpass will be available at all times during construction by accessing county Road 144 from the north via Sandusky Street.
*Service road construction*
Construction of a service road off Lima Avenue connecting to Lake Cascades north of the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange is under way. Construction is expected to be complete late this summer.
*Noise wall construction*
Construction of noise walls in designated areas is expected to begin in late June or early July.
* Work is expected to begin in the south end of the project area and proceed to the north.
* Construction of all noise walls is expected to be completed in July 2018.