Briar Hill Health Update
Staff Photo Update March 2020
BVH March 2020
Bowlus for Commish 2020
March 2020
Oct. 2018 Update
Ol’ Jenny
Logo Panel April 2017
January Start with us
May 2019
Gerdeman Ins Jan 2016
Sheriff 2020 Rail
Weekly Specials

Important Crop Insurance Deadline Near for Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio Producers

SPRINGFIELD, IL., May 5, 2015 — The USDA’s Risk Management Agency (RMA) reminds producers in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio that they need to have their Highly Erodible Conservation and Wetland Conservation Certification form (AD-1026) on file with their local USDA service center by June 1, 2015. The 2014 Farm Bill required all producers have the form on file by the June 1 deadline to become or remain eligible for crop insurance premium support.

“Most producers have an AD-1026 certification form on file, however, some specialty crop, nursery, even some corn and soybean producers may not. Those with catastrophic coverage (CAT) may not realize that if they don’t comply with the Conservation Compliance provisions, they will be responsible for the full premium,” said Brian Frieden, director, Springfield Regional Office. “We have taken many steps recently to broaden participation in the crop insurance program as part of the farm safety net, including offering new policies such as the Whole-Farm Revenue Protection, Supplemental Coverage Option, and extending organic price elections to many new crops.”

Producers should visit their local USDA service center and talk with their crop insurance agent before the June 1, 2015, deadline to ask questions, get additional information or learn more about conservation compliance procedures. Producers who file by the deadline will be eligible for federal crop insurance premium support during the 2016 reinsurance year.

Additional information about federal crop insurance and the Highly Erodible Land and Wetland Conservation provisions is available on the RMA Farm Bill webpage.

Crop insurance is sold and delivered solely through private crop insurance agents. A list of crop insurance agents is available at all USDA Service Centers and online at the RMA Agent Locator. Producers can use the RMA Cost Estimator to get a premium amount estimate of their insurance needs online. Learn more about crop insurance and the modern farm safety net at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NBX powered by PANDA Technologies
February 2017
NBLS Website