Safe Communities of Wood County, Inc. announced recently that there have been zero fatal crashes in Wood County this year compared to zero at this time last year. Let’s keep this trend going!
Rear-end and fixed object crashes are the major causes of crashes in Wood County. Common factors that contribute to these type of collisions include:
- Aggressive or reckless driving.
- Texting and driving.
- Driver fatigue.
- Negligence while driving through intersections, parking lots, and highway ramps.
- Failure to follow the rules of the road.
You can prevent these crashes by remembering these simple rules:
- Look further up the road to spot traffic stopping long before the vehicle in front of you slams on its brakes.
- Stay focused on your driving
- Leave 2-3 vehicle lengths between you and the car in front of you
- Do not drive in excess of the speed limit
- Do not drive drowsy or impaired
- If there is poor visibility, be cautious and drive within your abilities.
Let’s strive for zero fatal crashes in 2019.