Breese Road ramps to close briefly on Monday, Ohio 309 to be restricted next week, more traffic pattern changes on I-75 coming
I-75 mainline between Fourth Street and Cridersville
- Interstate 75 southbound from just north of Breese Road to Cridersville has been switched onto new pavement. The switch only affects traffic traveling in the single southbound lane on the far west side of the interstate through the contraflow zone.
- By this Friday it is expected that the single southbound lane from Fourth Street to just north of Breese Road will also be switched onto new pavement.
- The switch allows work on the reconstruction of the existing southbound passing lane to begin.
- Possibly as early as late next week, one lane of southbound traffic between Ohio 65 and McClain Road will be switched onto the northbound side onto new pavement. Currently both northbound and southbound traffic in this area is traveling in the southbound lanes.
- Until late fall, lane restrictions will occur on I-75 southbound between Fourth Street and Cridersville during reconstruction of the existing lanes.
- Lane closures will occur most hours of the day except between the hours of 1-6 p.m. when traffic volumes are highest.
- The closures will occur in the southbound lane on the far west side of the interstate where only one lane of southbound traffic is currently being maintained.
- During the lane closures, all southbound traffic will be shifted onto the northbound side of the interstate where two lanes of northbound traffic and one lane of southbound traffic is being maintained.
- Hanthorn Road Bridge over Interstate 75 remains closed until 2016.
- McClain Road over Interstate 75 remains closed until 2016.
I-75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81
- Within the next few weeks, lane restrictions will occur on I-75 between Fourth Street and Reservoir Road for pavement repair.
Ohio 309 at I-75
- Ohio 309 in the area of the I-75 interchange will be one lane in the eastbound direction on Monday, May 18 during daytime hours for repair of sections of the concrete pavement.
- Restrictions will occur in the westbound direction on Tuesday, May 26, also during daytime hours.
Ohio 65 Interchange
- The entrance ramp from Ohio 65 to southbound Interstate 75 closed May 13 for 30 days. Traffic detoured north on Ohio 65 to the Fourth Street interchange back to I-75 southbound.
- The entrance ramp from Ohio 65 to northbound Interstate 75 remains closed. Traffic is detoured north on Ohio 65 to the Fourth Street interchange back to I-75 northbound.
- The exit ramp from Interstate 75 southbound to Ohio 65 remains closed. Traffic detoured to National Road at Cridersville to I-75 northbound back to Ohio 65.
- The exit ramp from Interstate 75 northbound to Ohio 65 remains open.
Breese Road Interchange
- On Monday, May 18, the southbound entrance and exit ramps at Breese Road will be closed once again and will reopen on Tuesday. The ramps reopened May 13 following pavement work.
- The northbound ramps remain open.
About the I-75 Project Phases:
Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, was completed in the spring of 2014.
Project 2 reconstructed the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase was completed in 2014.
Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, began in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75. The overall project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.