VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE
April 3, 2018
I. Pledge of Allegiance
Mr. Art Patterson called the meeting to order at 5:30. He filled in for the absent Mayor Goldner.
II. Roll Call:
Mayor Janet Goldner-Absent, Mr. Beegle- Here, Ty Carles-Here, Mr. Engard- Here, Mr. Aaron Patterson- Here, Art Patterson -Here, Ms. Zeigler-Here, Student Representative- Dalton Teaford, Clerk Kathi Bucher- Here
Mr. Carles made a motion to excuse Mayor Goldner and Legal Counsel Joel Kuhlman. Second by Mr. Beegle. Everyone agreed.
Mr. Carles made a motion to appoint Mr. Aaron Patterson as President pro tem. Second by Mr. Engard. Mr. Aaron Patterson abstained from voting. Ms. Zeigler voted no. Motion passed.
III. Approval of the Minutes:
Motion by Mr. Aaron Patterson to approve the minutes of the regular meeting on March 20, 2018. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
Motion by Mr. Aaron Patterson to approve the minutes of the Special Meeting held on March 23, 2018. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
IV. Public Participation: (5min limit)
V. Letters and Communications:
Letter from the area office of aging. Inviting everyone to the upcoming meeting. If interested Ms. Murray has the invite.
VI. Administrative Reports:
Finance Officer: submitted- Mr. Patterson had a few questions on the debt payment of the water tower and the cost.
EMS Chief: No reports due-2017/2018 taxes coming in. Mr. Carles had a question about the new ambulance.
Fire Chief: no questions
Police Chief: Hire new staff. Jered Miller and Ryan Leroux per Form F-19a. Recommended by two of our officers. There is a third one but he is also interviewing as a BG candidate. Mr. Beegle said he likes the way Chief Walter is breaking down his team’s hours. Could the Police maybe do this? Chief Baer said Chief Walter gave the template to him and he is working on that.
Mr. Aaron Patterson made a motion to hire Jered Miller and Ryan LeRoux per Form F-19a as part-time officers starting rate of $12.00/hr. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
Utility Director: no questions
DPW Superintendent: no questions
3) NRG- they have walked the whole area that were concerns on the survey.
Next NRG Public Meeting April 10th at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall.
4) Village Park Opens- April 1, 2018.
5) Sand Volleyball Court- updating that as there is a league who is interested in playing out there.
6) LL Concession Stand Update- is now ADA compliant
7) Brush Pick Up- Schedule is
-first two weeks of April
-first full week in May
-first Monday of June thru November
8) Tree City USA- we have received this honor 23 times. Members of the Tree Commission will attend the award ceremony on April 18, 2018 in Upper Sandusky.
9) Village Tree Commission- has approved the hazard tree list and looking for bids. Bids begin March 23 with the opening on April 13, 2018.
10) ODOT- requested a meeting to discuss the new outpost facility on old 25. NB will supply the water to the new facility.
11) Board of Zoning Appeals- a citizen wished to file for a variance from the zoning code on their garage which has been rebuilt due to a fire. They rebuilt in the same spot, but it is in the village right of way.
Proposed Motion: to accept the recommendation of the Board of Zoning Appeals and also approve the variance for 428 W State Street, allowing the garage located with in village right of way to remain in the same location.
Ms. Zeigler made a motion to accept the recommendation of the Board of Zoning Appeals for the location of 428 W State Street, allowing the garage to be located in the village right of way. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
12) Asset Mgt Plan-there was a meeting with Dan Thornton on March 29. Every essential piece of equipment in our water system will be looking at starting with the pumps at the reservoirs working thru the system to the water plant then distribution lines.
13) Hiring of Part Time Police Officers- Jered Miller and Ryan LeRoux.
Proposed Motion: To authorize the hiring of Jered Miller and Rayn LeRoux. Already done.
14) Mosquito/Weed Spray- three of our guys will be attending the spraying exam on April 23, 2018.
15) Village Zoning- Permit information in the May water bill. Please check with the Village first before doing any projects.
Appointed Legal counsel: nothing
Standing Committees: adding 5 min limit
Economic and Community Development (Ms. Zeigler)
Thanks to all who attended the meeting. They are working on a report for a long-range plan.
-Nepotism- wondering who is all related to who as a village employee, counsel member, etc. Patterson, Dicks & Bretz, Police father and son. EMS/Fire father and son… can’t be a supervisor and hire family. Ms. Zeigler said she is just being proactive.
-There was a meeting with Kurt Coy, Economic developer, that was held in the Village Chambers. Mr. Beegle and Mr. Aaron Patterson met with him but Ms. Zeigler was not told about it.
Public Safety (Mr. Art Patterson)
Public Safety Day is May 19th.
Personnel, Policy and Ordinance Review (Mr. Carles)
Will have items for COTW
Public Works (Mr. Aaron Patterson)
Just requesting an executive session at the end of the meeting.
Public Utilities (Mr. Engard)
Finance and Technology (Mr. Beegle)
Short item issues (on chalk board at Village office)
VII. New Legislation, Resolutions, Motions or Business
No new readings
VIII. Second Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
Mr. Carles made a motion to read ORDINANCE 2018-09 by number and title only for its second reading. Second by Mr. Aaron Patterson.
ORDINANCE 2018-09 read by number and title only by the acting mayor.
ORDINANCE 2018-09 AN ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION ACCOUNTS FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDING DECEMBER 31, 2018, PROVIDING EXPENDITURE OF OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL GRANT PROCEEDS
IX. Third Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
XI. Other New Business
XII. Other Old Business
XIII. Payment of the Bills
Mr. Aaron Patterson made a motion to put the bills totaling $ 80.698.18 on the Claims Ordinance. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
Mr. Carles made a motion to pay the bills totaling $ 80,698.18. Second by Mr. Aaron Patterson. All approved.
XIV. Executive Session
Mr. Aaron Patterson made a motion to enter into executive session at 6:26 PM for 121.22 G1 to consider the appointment, employment, dismissal, promotion, demotion or compensation of a public employee. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved
XV. Return to Regular Session
Mr. Aaron Patterson made a motion to return to regular session at 7:29 PM. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
Mr. Aarom Patterson made a motion to adjourn at 7:30 PM. Second by
Mr. Carles. All approved.
Kathi R. Bucher, Clerk
Joel Kuhlman __________________________
Village Solicitor Janet L. Goldner, Mayor
Art Patterson, President of Council