North Baltimore Village Finance Officer Chris Kirk’s Report to Village Council December 15, 2015.
CLICK the LINK for pdf version: Finance Report Dec 15 2015
FINANCE OFFICER’S REPORT Council Meeting Dec 15, 2015
1) The Bill List from 11/26 – 12/11 is included for council review and approval on the claims ordinance.
2) Collections to Note:
a. EMC Insurance – Fire Dept Hazmat Svs: $1,108.88
b. Motorola – Fire Dept Radio Rebate: $1,250.00
c. FEMA – Fire Dept Communications Grant: $15,943.00
d. Ohio Dept Public Safety – EMS Training Reimburse: $1,891.67
e. EMS Donation in memory of Frank Welch: $25.00
3) Ordinance explanation:
1) Revenue Clean-up: As the year comes to an end, it is necessary to submit actual revenue collections to the county auditor. In order to do that we must adjust our revenue budget amounts. The reason for the emergency measure is because this is the last council meeting of the year.
*Note* I was unable to finish this ordinance by last Friday’s deadline. I apologize that council was unable to see this ordinance prior to this evening.
2) Appropriation Ordinance: Adding $1,891.67 to the EMS to pay for Decals and Up fits for the new vehicle. This ordinance is supported by EMS Grant funds in the same amount. The reason for the emergency measure is because this is the last council meeting of the year.
3) Appropriation Ordinance: Adding 16,722.64 to the Fire Dept Budget. The Village received a FEMA grant for radio equipment in the amount of $15,943.00. The Village portion of this grant is $779.64. The Village portion will be paid from recent Fire Dept hazmat collections. The reason for the emergency measure is because this is the last council meeting of the year.
1) Appropriation Ordinance: Adding $5,000 to the Tree Commission Budget for additional work to be performed.
1) Appropriation Ordinance: 2015 Clean Up Ordinance to help offset negative expense accounts within the 2015 budget. This is an ordinance that is produced annually at year end.
*Note* I was unable to finish this ordinance by last Friday’s deadline. I apologize that council was unable to see the final version of this ordinance prior to this evening.
I will be distributing a handout to accompany this ordinance showing what funds are needed to offset the negative budget accounts, along with what funds will be put back into the carryover at year end. This will give council a better understanding of what needs to be added to the budget vs. what has not been spent.