VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE
January 3, 2017
I. Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor Goldner called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
II. Roll Call:
Mayor Janet Goldner-Here, Ty Carles-Here, Ms. Emahiser- Here Art Patterson -Here, Rich Rose-Here, Leslee Thompson- Absent, Richard Van Mooy-Absent, Student Representative Noah Peton- Here, Clerk-Kathi Bucher- Here
Mr. Patterson made a motion to excuse Ms. Thompson and Mr. Van Mooy. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved
III. Election of 2017 Council President
A. Nominations Council Members may nominate any council member for the position.
Council Member Mr. Patterson nominates Mr. Van Mooy for 2017
Council President. Second by Mr. Rose.
No other nominations
B. The Vote .
Candidate Rick Van Mooy Yes 4 No 0
Motion by Mr. Carles to have Holly Emahiser as acting President in place of Mr. Van Mooy for tonight’s meeting.
IV. Assignment of Committees by the mayor
V. Assignment of seating by the mayor.
VI. Approval of the mayor’s appointments to commission and committees as presented.
Motion made by Mr. Rose to accept. Second by Ms. Emahiser. All approved.
VII. Approval of the Minutes.
Motion by Mr. Rose to approve the minutes of the December 20th meeting. Second by Mr. Patterson. All approved.
VIII. Public Participation (5min limit)
Mr. Henry Kenney has a concern about the stone alley in the trailer park off Cherry Street by DS Brown Co. There have been water leaks and it is a mess down there. Who will fix the road? Is it a private road? Ms. Murray will look into it.
IV. Letters and Communications:
A citizen is concerned and wanted council to know that Equity Meats has a vote strike out there. They have a 30 day extension and a lot of town people work there.
Ms. Goldner introduced Joel Kuhlman as our new Appointed Legal Counsel. May he serve for 40plus years.
V. Administrative Reports:
1. Income tax collections 2016 vs 2015
2. Bill List
3. Great Lakes collections/December fund report
4. Collections note-Marker for the old HS to be put on the corner of Second and State Street.
5. Ohio Checkbook
6. Yearend procedures are being conducted
7. Financial overview of 2016 after close out
Chief Baer wanted to let everyone know about a new law that was passed as of January1. The State of Ohio has made it illegal for golf carts, atv and 4-wheelers to be on main roads without being “street ready”. Ex: windshield, headlights and tail lights, horn, registration, title, insured.
Wants the public to be aware because this will be enforced.
Mr. Kulhman will put together an outline for the next meeting regarding the penalty. Possible warnings for a month or two, who can do the inspections, etc.
3) Main Street Corridor – Have sent notices out to alert businesses. A timeline will be sent out as soon as we receive one from Buckeye Excavating.
4) Municipal Building Communications Tower – Everything has been installed. The Police Chief states, “it is wonderful”. Working out very well.
5) Wood County Economic Development Membership –The Wood County Economic Development Commission Membership dues for 2017 are now due. Previously North Baltimore has had a Board Level Membership ($1500 per year) but last year dropped down to a Supporting Level Membership ($500 per year).
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to send in our Membership dues for 2017 to Wood County Economic Development Commission at the ______________level.
On hold until Ms. Thompson and Mr. Van Mooy are back.
6) Winter Weather Policy- PPO committee will meet to look over the condensed version by the next meeting. Until then, both sets will be used. Also want to make sure the alleys are done. Want all committee members to be present. Ms. Goldner wanted to point out, “the snow is done”. (really Janet?)
7) Resolution 2017-01 – This resolution authorizes the Village Administrator to sign documents on behalf of the village for the Main St. Waterline Replacement Project. This is similar to the resolution we passed last year for signatures on documents for the Headworks Project.
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to sign documents for the Main Street Waterline Replacement Project.
Cannot be passed tonight as an emergency. Will have a reading.
8) Economic Development Job Creation Incentive – A motion authorizing a job creation grant that the village would have available for any business or industry interested in creating new jobs in the village that would bring an additional $500,000 in new payroll was presented at the last council meeting. If council is in agreement, then we need a motion to adopt this program and when a business is looking to use this grant an ordinance will be created at that time.
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to adopt the job creation grant program in order to encourage economic development in the village.
Website to be updated and changes made over the next few weeks. JP will be assisting in this process.
Nothing at this time
Appointed Legal counsel:
To look into the new law about golf carts, etc.
Invite to the Fab Four program on this coming Sunday. Scout projects around the community.
VI. Standing Committees:
Economic and Community Development (Ms. Thompson)
Public Safety (Mr. Patterson)
Personnel, Policy and Ordinance Review (Mr. Rose)
Set up a meeting to address the Winter Weather Policy
Public Works (Mr. Carles)
Public Utilities (Mr. Van Mooy)
Finance and Technology (Ms. Emahiser)
VII. New Legislation, Resolutions, Motions or Business
Mr. Patterson made a motion to read RESOLUTION 2017-01 by number and title only for its first reading. Second by Mr. Carles. Cannot be passed as an emergency tonight.
Mayor read RESOLUTION 2017-01 by number and title only.
RESOLUTION 2017-01 A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR TO EXECUTE ALL DOCUMENTS REQURIED BY OHIO PUBLIC WORKS COMMISSION FOR THE ENGINEERING AND REPLACEMENT OF THE MAIN STREET WATERLINE PROJECT
(AND TO DECLARE AN EMERGENCY)
VIII. Second Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
There were no second readings
X. Third Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
Mr. Carles made a motion ORDINANCE 2016-47 be read for its third reading by number and title only. Second by Mr. Rose.
Mayor read ORDINANCE 2016-47 by number and title only.
ORDINANCE 2016- 47 AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE LEASE OF 14.22 ACRES OF FARM REAL ESTATE OWNED BY THE VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE TO LUKE EWING
Motion to adopt Ordinance 2016-47 made by Mr. Patterson. Second by Ms. Emahiser. Motion passed
XI. Other New Business
XII. Other Old Business
XIII. Payment of the Bills
Mr. Patterson made a motion to put the bills totaling $ 50,185.20 on the Claims Ordinance. Second by Ms. Emahiser. All approved.
Mr. Patterson made a motion to pay the bills totaling $ 50,185.20. Second by Mr. Ms. Emahiser. All approved.
Ms. Goldner asked for a motion to adjourn at 7:43 PM. Motion made by EVERYONE.Second by EVERYONE. All approved.