For the months of June, July and August, North Baltimore Village Council conducts one Regular Meeting (1st Tuesday, 7:00 – unless holiday) and the Committee of the Whole Meeting (2nd Tuesday, 5:30). Special Meetings are held as needed.
VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE
June 6, 2017
I. Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor Goldner called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
II. Roll Call:
Mayor Janet Goldner-Here, Ty Carles-Here, Holly Emahiser- Here, Art Patterson -Here, Rich Rose-Here, Leslee Thompson- Here, Richard Van Mooy-Here, Student Representative-no, Clerk Kathi Bucher- Here
III. Approval of the Minutes:
Motion by Ms. Thompson to approve the minutes of the May 16, 2017 meeting. Second by Mr. Patterson. All approved.
IV. Public Participation:
V. Letters and Communications:
Mr. Rose has had a few calls about the right away on Poe Road, needs mowed more often.
Mr. Carles had a resident ask about parking at the reservoir on the gate side, also about using motor boats and if there could be a port-a-john put out there. Mr. Roberts to address this at COTW
VI. Administrative Reports:
Finance Officer: mentioned there are second readings tonight….no questions
EMS Chief: no questions
Fire Chief: no questions
Police Chief: no questions
Utility Director: no questions
DPW Superintendent: it was brought up that after the last rain the streets were flooded. Maybe the catch basins need cleared? Could be due to grass in the streets and brush too.
3) Main Street- First phase is done. Phase 2 will be bid out this August. Allyson will keep businesses informed.
4) Concession stand/RR upgrade- this is a CDBG project so they will handle the bidding.
5) Basketball/Tennis courts- design is complete and will be bid out this July. This is a Nature Works Grant. They will mil down the courts, put new top, hoops, fence, etc
6) Shower/Sleeping Quarters- the designs are done and the mayor has them. The money is from a grant study done many years ago.
7) Water/Sewer Operators- Proposed motion to hire Jared George at a pay rate of $14.19/hr per F-19a. One of the interviewees was offered a salary increase at their current job and decided to stay.
Mr. Rose made a motion to hire Mr. George per F-19a at $14.19/hr. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved
8) Flag Pole- one big pole was installed at the roundabout. It will replace the 43 flags and posts. This will pay for itself within 3 years. It is very hard to keep all the flags looking good due to high winds in that area.
9) Hancock Wood- Ordinance 2017-17 is amending previous ordinances
to allow Hancock Wood to provide their own services at their location.
10) P/T Police officers- due to the resignation of 4 p/t officers as they take on f/t positions. Proposed motion to hire- Devin Lafferty, Savannah Ward, Garett Firestein, Aaron Manders for p/t officer spots at a pay rate of $12.00/hr per form F-19a.
Mr.Van Mooy made a motion to hire Devin Lafferty, Savannah
Ward, Garett Firestein, Aaron Manders for p/t officer spots at a pay rate of $12.00/hr per form F-19a. Second by Mr. Patterson. All approved.
11) Hazard Tree Bids- we received 2 bids- Ashcraft was the low bidder at $6355. Work to be completed by Sept. 1. Proposed motion to award the Hazard Tree Removal Project to Ashcraft Tree Service in the amount of $6355 with work to be completed by September 1, 2017.
Mr. Rose made the motioned to award the project to Ashcraft as stated above. Mr. Van Mooy seconded the motion. All approved with Mr. Carles abstaining.
12) Shed/StoneBrook- any outbuilding on the property needs village planning commission’s approval. Proposed motion to all Mr. Jim Casey to build a shed on his property at 707 Quarry Road to support the approval he received from the other subdivision residents and the Village Planning Commission.
Mr. Patterson made the motion to allow Mr. Casey to build the shed on his residence. Mr. Carles second. All approved.
13) Energy Auction- VA looked into an online auction to get a better rate for the village. As a result of this we were able to secure lower rates on electric and gas. Ordinance 2017-18 introduced to enter into an agreement with Capital Energy for our electric and Ordinance 2017-19 for an agreement with Adera for our gas.
Mr. Carles has some concerns that this is a scam. Mr. Kirk will look into it.
14) Parcel Split- a request from F& S to split 3.25 acres from Parcel #F23-310-360000026003. Proposed motion to support the decision of the Planning Commission in allowing the 3.25 acre parcel split from Parcel #F23-310-360000026003.
Mr. Rose made a motion to allow the parcel split. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
Clerk: Reminder that COTW and the regular meeting will both be on July 11, 2017.
Mr. Rose had a concern about high weeds where kids are playing at an abandoned home(s): Third Street. The notice has been sent, we have to wait for a response/return of the certified letter. Then have to wait. This takes some time. Mr. Van Mooy asked if we have an ordinance to board up abandoned homes? This could get costly as you have to use special materials.
Appointed Legal counsel: Call on municipal law- rules of council- has met with Allyson and Janet. Looks good only a few items to tighten up on.
Mayor: there will be a Mayor’s Association dinner meeting on June 28, 2017 at Nazareth Hall
VII. Standing Committees:
Economic and Community Development (Ms. Thompson)
Public Safety (Mr. Patterson)
Meeting on June 12 there have been 11 applicants for the EMS Chief’s position. There will be a September 1 start date.
Personnel, Policy and Ordinance Review (Mr. Rose)
Public Works (Mr. Carles)
Mr. Van Mooy was curious if we should have a sticker on the golf carts that have been inspected. After the Police inspect the cart how do we know it has or has not been inspected. The paper has to be shown at the license bureau to get a license. Alan to address at COTW
Public Utilities (Mr. Van Mooy)
Finance and Technology (Ms. Emahiser)
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to add Ordinance 2017-18 and 19 to VIII for their first readings. Second by Mr. Patterson. All approved.
VIII. New Legislation, Resolutions, Motions or Business
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion that ORDINANCE 2017-17 be ready by number and title only for its first reading. Second by Mr. Rose.
ORDINANCE 2017-17 read by number and title only by the mayor
ORDINANCE 2017-17 AN ORDINANCE AMENDING AND REWRITING IN THEIR ENTIRETY THE FRANCHISE AGREEMENTS SET FORTH IN ORDINANCE 04-95 AND ORDINANCE 08-37, GRANTING TO HANCOCK-WOOD ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC., ITS SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS. THE RIGHT TO ACQUIRE, CONSTRUCT, MAINTAIN AND OPERATE IN THE STREETS, THOROUGHFARES, ALLEYS, BRIDGES AND PUBLIC PLACES OF THE VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE, STATE OF OHIO, AND ITS SUCCESSORS, LINES FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRIC ENERGY TO PARTS OF THE VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR LIGHT, HEAT, POWER AND OTHER PURPOSES AND FOR THE TRANSMISSION OF (THE SAME WITHIN, THROUGH AND ACROSS) SAID VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE, STATE OF OHIO
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion that ORDINANCE 2017-18 be ready by number and title only for its first reading. Second by Mr. Rose.
ORDINANCE 2017-18 read by number and title only by the mayor.
ORDINANCE 2017-18 AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH CAPTIAL ENERGY OHIO FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING THE VILLAGE ELECTRIC GENERATION.
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion that ORDINANCE 2017-19 be ready by number and title only for its first reading. Second by Mr. Rose.
ORDINANCE 2017-19 read by number and title only by the mayor
ORDINANCE 2017-19 AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH ADERA ENERGY OHIO FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING THE VILLAGE NATURAL GAS GENERATION
IX. Second Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
Ms. Thompson made a motion that ORDINANCE 2017-13 be ready by number and title only for its second reading. Second by Mr. Rose.
ORDINANCE 2017-13 read by number and title only by the mayor
ORDINANCE 2017- 13 AN ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION ACCOUNTS FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDING DECEMBER 31, 2017
Ms. Thompson made a motion that ORDINANCE 2017-14 be ready by number and title only for its second reading. Second by Mr. Rose.
ORDINANCE 2017-14 read by number and title only by the mayor
ORDINANCE 2017- 14 AN ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION ACCOUNTS FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDING DECEMBER 31, 2017
Ms. Thompson made a motion that ORDINANCE 2017-15 be ready by number and title only for its second reading. Second by Mr. Rose.
ORDINANCE 2017-15 read by number and title only by the mayor
ORDINANCE 2017- 15 AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE ESTIMATE OF REVENUES FOR THE BUDGET YEAR BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2018, AUTHORIZING CERTIFICATION OF SAME TO THE WOOD COUNTY AUDITOR
X. Third Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
XI. Other New Business
XII. Other Old Business
XIII. Payment of the Bills
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to put the bills totaling $ 97,963.81 on the Claims Ordinance. Second by Mr. Rose. All approved.
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to pay the bills totaling $ 97,963.81. Second by Mr. Rose. All approved.
Ms. Mayor asked for a motion to adjourn at 7:49 PM. Motion and second by
everyone. All approved.
The minutes are posted following their approval by village council.