VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE
September 19, 2017
I. Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor Goldner called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
II. Roll Call:
Mayor Janet Goldner-Here, Ty Carles-Here, Holly Emahiser-Ryder- Here, Art Patterson -Here, Rich Rose-Here, Leslee Thompson- Here, Richard Van Mooy-Here, Student Representative- Dalton Teaford, Clerk Kathi Bucher- Here
III. Approval of the Minutes:
Motion by Mr. Van Mooy to approve the minutes of the September 5, 2017 meeting. Second by Mr. Patterson. All approved.
IV. Public Participation:
Katie Baltz from Wood County Planning Commission. Co-worker Dave Steiner handed out brochures and spoke briefly on them. (Is Your Family Care Affordable, Fair Housing in the Rental Market, Good Health Means Paying Attention, Creating Inclusive Community Opportunity). There was some talk on the Little League Concession Stand to be built. There have been no bid returns. This should be done by winter. The job was offered and a contractor accepted.
V. Letters and Communications:
Ms. Thompson had been approached about the appearance of the flags on Main Street. They have been there for 2 years. They will be coming down and new ones put up in the Spring.
VI. Administrative Reports:
No Questions for the Chiefs
EMS Chief:Fire Chief:
There will be an Ordinance tonight for the first reading of the backhoe. Ordinance 2017-37
3) LMI-Thank you to the citizens who filled out the survey. An addition 260 surveys have been received and being reviewed. We had 122 in 340 to add to that.
4) Water Billing Computer issue- The computers went down on Sept. 14 and 15. But the wonderful staff did a great job in a bad situation. We apologize to those residents who came in to pay their bills for the inconvenience
5) Street Sweeper-the street sweeper is to be evaluated next week. There is currently $75,000 in the 901 Fund being saved to purchase the street sweeper. Additional monies will be close to $200,000 in the sweeper fund 821 by the end of 2017.
6) SRTS- There was a meeting on Monday, September 11. We walked the entire project area with a rep from ODOT. The grant money will be spend on sidewalk and crossing improvements along the Maple and Rhodes Ave to Rudolph. Completion date is summer of 2019.
7) Water Tower- Ordinance 2017-35 tonight for its second reading will authorize the VA to enter into an agreement with Poggemeyer Design Group to design the 500,000 gallon water tower on E. Water.
8) Main Street Corridor- There were 4 bids with Underground Utilities having the lowest bid of $160,948.00.
Proposed motion to authorize the VA to award the bid for the Phase II Main Street Waterline Replacement Project to Underground Utilities, Inc, of Monroeville, Ohio for $160,948.00.
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to award the Phase II Main Street Waterline Replacement to Underground Utilities. Second by Mr. Patterson. All approved.
9) Backhoe for Water/Sewer Dept- the cost to repair the old one is costly. The cost of the new one will be split between the Water Operating Fund 511 and the Sewer Operating Fund 521.
Proposed motion to authorize the water/sewer supervisor to purchase a new backhoe in the amount of $78,407 from Streaker’s Sales and Service.
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to purchase the backhoe. Second by Mr. Patterson. 4 yes votes; Mr. Rose & Ms. Thompson voted no. Motion did pass.
10) Lucas Device- Chief Walter spoke at COTW on the need of this device for the EMS.
Proposed motion to authorize the EMS Chief to purchase the Lucas Device for the EMS Department in the amount of $16,349.69.
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to purchase the Lucas Device. Second by Mr. Patterson. All approved.
11) Trash Route Bid- continuing to look for bids for trash pickup for the village owned properties. NAT and Patterson. Mr. Carles once again expressed his concern on “a lot of money on trash”
12) NBAC golf outing- cancelled
13) Volunteer Fireman-Wanting council to hire per Form F-19a for Hank Matthes at $12/run as a volunteer. He would be number 32. We are covered up to 50 people.
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to hire Hank Matthes per form F19-a; $12/run. Second by Mr. Rose. All approved.
14) Henry Twp Paving- postponed until next year.
Appointed Legal counsel:
VII. Standing Committees:
Economic and Community Development (Ms. Thompson)
Nothing. (But there is a new business but we are waiting on them to make the announcement).
Public Safety (Mr. Patterson)
Personnel, Policy and Ordinance Review (Mr. Rose)
Nothing. Mr. Carles brought up the brush policy. Mr. Rose said there is nothing now, not worth the time.
Public Works (Mr. Carles)
Public Utilities (Mr. Van Mooy)
Finance and Technology (Ms. Emahiser)
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to add ORDINANCE 2017-37 to section VIII. Second by Mr. Patterson. 5 yes votes with Mr. Rose voting no.
VIII. New Legislation, Resolutions, Motions or Business
Ms. Thompson made the motion that ORDINANCE 2017-26 be read by number and title only, suspend the rules, dispense with the second and third readings and declare an emergency. Second by Mr. Van Mooy. All approved.
ORDIANCE 2017-36 read by the mayor by number and title only.
ORDINANCE 2017- 36 AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE CERTIFICATION OF GRASS MOWING AS SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS TO THE WOOD COUNTY AUDITOR AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY
Ms. Thompson made the motion to adopt. Second by Mr. Van Mooy. All approved.
Ms. Thompson made the motion that ORDINANCE 2017-37 be read by number and title only, suspend the rules, dispense with the second and third readings and declare an emergency. Second by Mr. Van Mooy. Four yes votes with Mr. Rose and Ms. Thompson voting no. Motion didn’t pass.
First reading of Ordinance 2017-37.
ORDIANCE 2017-37 read by the mayor by number and title only.
ORDINANCE 2017-37 AN ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS ACCOUNTS FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDING DECEMBER 31, 2017, PROVIDING EXPENDITURE OF WATER AND WASTEWATER OPERATING CARRYOVER.
Ms. Thompson made a motion that ORDINANCE 2017-35 be read for its second reading. Second by Mr. Van Mooy.
ORDINANCE 2017-35 read by number and title only by the mayor.
ORDINANCE 2017-35 AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH POGGEMEYER DESIGN GROUP FOR THE PURPOSE OF DESIGNNING A NEW WATER TOWER FOR THE VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE, OHIO.
IX. Second Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
X. Third Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
Ms. Thompson made a motion that RESOLUTION 09-2017 be read for its third reading. Second by Mr. Van Mooy.
RESOLUTION 09-2017 read by number and title only by the mayor.
RESOLUTION 09-2017 A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE OFFICIAL INTENT AND REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF THE VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE, OHIO ON BEHALF OF THE STATE OF OHIO TO REMIBURSE ITS FUND 573 WATER CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT RESERVE FUND FOR THE PHASE II MAIN STREET WATERLINE REPLACEMENT PROJECT #CE36U/CE37U WITH THE PROCEEDS OF TAX EXEMPT DEBT OF THE STATE OF OHIO.
Ms. Thompson made the motion to adopt. Mr. Van Mooy seconded the motion. All approved.
XI. Other New Business
XII. Other Old Business
XIII. Payment of the Bills
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to put the bills totaling $ 143,523.45 on the Claims Ordinance. Second by Mr. Carles. All approved.
Mr. Van Mooy made a motion to pay the bills totaling $ 143,523.45. Second by Mr. Ms. Thompson. All approved.
Madam Mayor made a motion to adjourn at 7:27.5 PM. Second by
Everyone. All approved.