NORTH BALTIMORE LOCAL SCHOOLS
BOARD OF EDUCATION
NORTH BALTIMORE MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL
2012 Tiger Dr.
March 20, 2018
Submitted agenda: School Board March Agenda 2018 in pdf
(agenda below was edited with the voting tally removed)
This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the School District’s business and is not to be considered a public community meeting.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Make adjustments and corrections to the agenda as needed.
5. Approve the February 27, 2018 regular meeting minutes.
OPPORTUNITY TO ADDRESS THE BOARD A pamphlet is provided at the board meeting for members of the community to review the proper procedure to address both agenda and non-agenda items. Please review this pamphlet before making any statements to the Board. After being recognized by the President, please provide your name and address to the Treasurer. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
RECOGNITION OF VISITORS –
The Courier – Eric Schaadt
The Sentinel – Marie Thomas
NB Xpress – Jeff Miklovic/Sue Miklovic
NB News – Bonnie Knaggs
TREASURER’S REPORT/TREASURER’S CORNER
1. Approve the monthly financial statements for December and January.
Superintendent’s Report: Mr. Ryan Delaney
MS/HS Principal – Dr. Falkenstein
Elementary Principal – Mr. Lange
1. Approve a Paternity Leave of absence for Zachery Walls, beginning
approximately May 22, 2018 for 5 consecutive days following.
2. Approve a resolution with the North Baltimore Education Association
Certified and Classified Staff and the North Baltimore Board of Education
to approve a Two Year Agreement and an increase to staff of 2.25% for
each year of the contract beginning July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021.
3. Approve the Wood County Interagency Transition Agreement for the
2018-19 school year at no cost to the district.
Page Three – 3/20/18
4. Approve the following Board of Education Policy with current updates
4121 7530.02 8600.04
4162 7530 9141
5111 7542 8400
5. Approve authorization to accept bids to purchase one 78 passenger school
bus on Friday, March 23 at 12:00 noon in the Board of Education Office.
6. Approve an agreement with Learn 360 Infobase for educational support
Software at a cost of $1,170.00 for the 2018-19 school year.
BOARD COMMITTEE REPORTS
Superintendent’s Advisory Council
Technology/Planning & Resource Committee
OTHER BOARD BUSINESS
Page Four – 3/20/18
Motion to move to Executive Session for the purpose(s) of:
Time Out: ________ Time In:__________
_____a) consideration of the appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline, promotion, demotion or compensation of an employee, student, or school official or to investigate charges or complaints against such person, unless said person requests a public hearing.
_____b) Consideration of the purchase of property for public purposes or the sale of property at competitive bidding.
_____c) Conferences with an attorney involving pending or imminent court action.
_____d) Preparing for, conducting, or reviewing negotiations with employees regarding their compensation or other terms and conditions of their employment.
_____e) Matters required to be kept confidential by federal law or rules or state statues.
_____f) Specialized details of security.
_____g) To discuss confidential information related to an applicant for economic development assistance, or negotiations with other political subdivisions respecting such requests for economic development assistance.
Motion to Adjourn
1) Please review for policy updates.
2) Check all contract/ agreements against the auditors list per ORC Section 9.24 of the ORC and for any findings against vendors over $25,000.
3) Check for 412 Certificates
4) Check for Homeland Security – Check Expenditures over $100,000 annually