May 3, 2016
Re: Village Administrator Report
by North Baltimore Village Adminstrator, Allyson Murray
- Meeting Review
- April 20 – Tree City Awards in West Unity Ohio 8:00am- 3:00pm
- April 20 – North Baltimore Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner @ 6:00pm
- April 21 – Meeting with TMACOG on Downtown Projects @ 9:00am
- April 21 – Bid Opening for Tree Removal Project Village Office @ 2:00pm
- April 25 – Bid Opening for Street Paving Project Village Office @ 2:00pm
- April 26 – Inspection of Park Concessions Stands w/ Wood Co. Inspector @ 1:00pm
- April 26 – Planning Commission Meeting @ 7:30pm
- April 28 – Park Board Meeting on Grant Funding @ Perrysburg 7:00pm
- April 29 – Arbor Day Tree Ceremony/ Rock Dedication at the Park @ 10:00am
- April 30 – North Baltimore Recycling Day 9:00am-12:00pm in CSP Parking Lot
- Upcoming Meetings:
- May 3 – Meeting with TMACOG on downtown projects @ 9:00am
- May 3 – Meeting with Poggemeyer @ 1:00pm
- May 3 – Village Council Meeting @ 7:00pm
- May 5 – Small Government Funding Opportunities Meeting @ 10:00am
- May 9 – Tree Commission Meeting @ 6:00pm
- May 10 – WKXA Live Radio Broadcast from Great Scot
- May 10 – Committee of Whole Meeting @ 5:30pm
- May 11 – Meeting with Amplex Communications & Sheriff’s Office @ 9:30am
- Wastewater Plant Headwork’s Project. The Headworks project is a new laboratory building and improvements to the existing pump station out at the Pilot. The contractor has identified an issue with a gas line that exists in the direct line of the pump station. Due to issues with the gasline at the pump station that portion of the project has been bumped back and we will begin to see work at the Sewer Plant location the week of May 9, 2016.
- Municipal Building Roof Update – Materials for the roof have begun to arrive and are being stored in the Luken building until next week when construction begins. The backside of the Fire Dept. roof is where the roof removal and reconstruction will start.
- Swearing in of new Full-Time Police Officer – Chief Baer will be swearing in our newest full time officer, Alex Niese. Niese was one of four candidates interviewed by the Chief, Mayor, Village Administrator and Council & Safety Forces Committee Member Rich Rose. Please join me in welcoming Mr. Niese to the village full-time.
- Interviews for Part-Time Police Officers – Interviews will be held in early May for Part-Time Police Officers for the village, once candidates are selected they will need to pass a physical and back ground check. Look for hiring recommendations on part-timers the second meeting in May.
- Main Street Corridor –Poggemeyer Engineer Tim Bock & I meet with TMACOG on Tuesday May 3, 2016 at 9:30 am to find funding opportunities to get all phases of the Downtown projects completed. Once we have secured funding we can send out a media release with approximate dates of the work that will be done to the Downtown area.
- 2016 Tree Removal Project – Bids for the 2016 Tree Removal Project within the village were opened Thursday April 21, 2016 at 2:00pm. The Village received 2 bids and the low bidder was Ashcraft Tree Service of Findlay, Ohio with a bid of $6065.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation to award the Tree Removal Project Bid to Ashcraft Tree Service of Findlay, Ohio for $6065.
- 2016 Street / Alley Paving Project – Bids for the 2016 Street Paving Project within the village were opened Monday April 25, 2016 at 2:00pm. The Village received 5 bids and the low bidder was Morlock Paving of Portage, Ohio with a bid of $124,802.50.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation to award the Street Paving Project Bid to Morlock Paving of Portage, Ohio for $124,802.50.
- Tree Commission – Will meet again Monday May 9, 2016 at 6:00pm in council chambers. North Branch Nursery will be in town this week to install 4 trees that were missed during the fall 2016 planting. These trees will be placed in front of 311 N. Second St., 313 N. Second St. and 418 N. Tarr St. A tree will be placed in the side (east) yard of 204 Broadway St. (corner of Second St. and Broadway St.)
- Village Received Community Development Block Grant Funds – The Village has receive word from the Wood County Planning Commission that we were awarded $32,900 in CDBG funds to install ADA compliant sidewalk entrances at the four corners of the intersection of Broadway & Tarr Streets in the village. Work will begin on this project late summer/fall 2016.
The next round of CDGB Funding applications are due mid-May for next year and the village would like to continue the development of the ADA compliant sidewalk entrances at the intersection of N. Main St. and Walnut St. (North sides) The Village’s share if awarded would run between $3500-$5000.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation to contract with Poggemeyer to do the engineering for the CDGB application for next year.
- Application to Natureworks & Lowes for Park/Ballfields –The village wishes to improve some sections of our village park. Improvements would include ADA compliant restroom facilities at the Little League Concession Stand, standard wash sink to be added to Little League Field Concession Stand, repairs to the open air picnic shelter and repairs to the basketball & tennis courts.
Lowes Charitable foundation offers grants ranging from $5000-$25,000 with no match required. The Lowes grant is open year round with no deadline.
The Natureworks Grant application is due June 1, 2016 and a 25% match on the cost of the project. This match can be “in-kind” funds meaning our village workers could complete the work and we could utilize their wages as the 25% match.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation authorizing Village Administrator to fill out applications for the Lowes Grant and the Natureworks Grants.