Allyson Murray, Village Administrator for North Baltimore, Ohio submitted the following report to Mayor Goldner, Council, Clerk and Legal Counsel at the November 1, 2016 council meeting.
Village Administrator Report
- Meeting Review
- Oct 18 – Village Council Meeting @ 7:00pm
- Oct 18 – EMS Presentation to Jackson Township @ 8:30pm
- Oct 19 – Ohio Economic Development Assoc. Annual Conference in Columbus
- Oct 20 – Ohio Economic Development Assoc. Annual Conference in Columbus
- Oct 25 – Deadline for registration for Halloween Parade
- Oct 25 – Planning Commission Meeting @ 5:30pm Village Office
- Oct 26 – NB Chamber of Commerce Meeting @ noon
- Oct 27 – NB Trick or Treat from 6:30pm- 8:00pm
- Oct 28 – Sewer Plant Ribbon Cutting Ceremony 2:00pm
- Oct 29 – NB Halloween Parade @ 7:00pm (registration due by 10/25)
- Upcoming Meetings:
- Nov 1 – Village Council Meeting @ 7:00pm
- Nov 5 – NB Chamber Craft Beer Tasting Event @ Am. Legion 7:30-11:30-pm
- Nov 8 – Committee of the Whole Meeting 5:30pm @ Village Hall
- Nov 10 – Main St. Waterline Bid Opening at noon @ Village Hall
- Nov 14 – North Baltimore Tree Commission Meeting @ 6:00pm Village Hall
- Nov 15 – North Baltimore Village Council Meeting @ 7:00pm Village Hall
- Sewer Plant Headworks Project – The sewer plant headworks project will finally be complete with the electrical upgrade work scheduled for Monday October 31. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held on Friday October 28, 2016 at 2:00pm so please join us to celebrate this exciting update to the village.
Main Street Corridor – The Village will be opening bids on Friday November 11, 2016 at noon for the first phase of the downtown revitalization. This first phase will be the replacement of the waterline from State St., under the RR tracks to Broadway St. The actual work on this project will begin in the spring of 2017. The Village moved to the next round for our Phase II of this project in Ohio Public Works Commission (OPWC) funding when the committee met September 20, 2016. Our Phase II project was selected to move forward in the review process. This application was for monies to fund the waterline replacement from Broadway St. to Walnut St. The village will receive notice on whether we receive the funds for Phase II after January 1, 2017.
- Leaf Bags & Leaf Pick Up – The village has leaf bags available now in the village office. Each property owner can pick up 10 leaf bags for free, after that they are sold in bundles of 5 bags for $1. Property owners need to have their filled leaf bags curbside in front of their property in order to be picked up by the village and there cannot be anything other than leaves in the bags. Any bags containing trash, yard waste, or grass clippings will not be picked up. There is no set date for leaf pick up, but street dept. employees will pick them up as they see them.
- Halloween Parade – The annual Village Halloween Parade will take place on Saturday October 29, 2016 at 7:00pm. This year’s theme will be “Hometown Heroes” as a tribute to our Police, Fire, EMS, and Military personnel. Sign- up sheets are available in the Village Office. Thank you to all who volunteered their time to make this a successful event. Special thanks to Chris Snyder, Danielle Engard, Brenda Stimmel, the NB Library Staff, the NB Fire Division and Rick & Pam Van Mooy.
- Amplex –Water Tower @ Grant Road – Amplex has begun installation of its equipment on the village Water Tower on Grant Road. They are working on getting their electrical service turned on in the equipment shed. The Village required their own electrical hook up as part of the contract with Amplex.
- Municipal Building Communications Tower – The communications tower at the municipal building is still on track for a November completion. The tower parts are currently being assembled in the village lot next to the RR tracks and will be brought down the street, raised with a crane and set in place. Once a date is scheduled for this installation, council will be notified.
- Part-Time Dispatcher – Chief Baer has requested to hire Ms. Alexandra Johnson as a Part- Time Dispatcher at $8.10 per hour. The form F-19a for this applicant is included in the council packet. Interviews were conducted with 5 individuals from the area and the interviewers agreed in their selection of Ms. Johnson for the current opening.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation needed to hire Ms. Alexandra Johnson as a Part-Time Dispatcher in the Police Department being paid $8.10 per hour.
- Solicitors Permit Ordinance Change – Included on tonight’s agenda is an ordinance addressing the desired changes to the Village Ordinance regarding Solicitors. This was discussed at the COTW Meeting and has the blessing of the Personnel Policy and Ordinance Review Committee as well as our village Police Chief. This will prohibit solicitors from going door-to-door in the village after 6pm in the evening.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation to introduce an Ordinance addressing the Solicitor Permit Policy and revisions to that policy. This is included on tonight’s agenda as Ordinance 2016-38.
- Search for Appointed Legal Counsel –The RFQs (Request for Qualifications) were mailed to area attorneys who may be interested in filling this position for us. The words, “this is a contractual position” were added to the RFQ the council approved at the last meeting and these documents were sent to every lawyer in Wood County. The completed RFQs are due back to the village from any interested parties by November 30, 2016 and the Personnel, Policy & Ordinance Review Committee with work with the Mayor and Village Administrator to conduct interviews in December. The intent is to have a candidate to present to council at the December council meeting.
- EMS Presentation to Jackson Township – Immediately following the village council meeting on Tuesday October 18, 2016 the members of the Public Safety Committee, along with the Mayor, Village Administrator, Finance Officer, Linda Amos from Poggemeyer & Rex Huffman from the Port Authority presented the EMS proposal to Jackson Township Trustees.
- Chamber of Commerce Craft Beer Tasting – North Baltimore Chamber is hosting a “craft beer tasting event” on November 5, 2016 at the American Legion. This event will be similar to the wine tasting event the Rotary Club hosted last spring but held in the larger venue and we will have the Buckeyes vs. Nebraska football game on the Big Screen. Each ticket holder will get 5 samplings of craft beer as well as all you can eat snacks, hot & cold appetizers and desserts. We have non-alcoholic beers available as well as soft drinks. A Game Day Dip Contest will also take place with patrons bringing their favorite game day dip to be served at the event and patrons will VOTE on their favorite dip to get us all in practice for Election Day. Winner of the Game Day Dip Contest will win a gift certificate. Contact the Chamber or Village Office for tickets, which are (2) tickets for $50, or $30 each. THESE ARE PRE-SALE TICKETS ONLY…LIMITED TICKETS MAY BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR THAT EVENING.
- NET Plus Transportation Presentation – Shannon Fisher from the Department of Jobs & Family Services will be at our Tuesday November 1, 2016 council meeting to give a presentation on the NET (Non-Emergency Transportation) PLUS Program for Wood County Residents. She will speak on behalf of the Economic & Community Development Committee.