The Village of North Baltimore Board of Zoning Appeals currently has a need for an additional member.
Any citizen of voting age or older that is interested in serving our community in this position should send a letter of interest to the Mayor at 205 N. Main Street, North Baltimore, OH 45872. The duties and responsibilities of the position are:
(1) Meetings of the Board shall be held at least monthly unless there is no business to come before the Board, and at other times as the Board may determine. The Chairperson, or in his absence, the Vice-Chairperson, may administer oaths, and the Board may compel the attendance of witnesses. All meetings of the Board shall be open to the public. The Board shall keep minutes of its proceedings showing the vote of each member upon each question, or if absent or failing to vote, indicating that fact, and shall keep records of its examination and other official actions, all of which shall be immediately filed in the office of the Zoning Inspector and shall be a public record.
(2) Three members of the Board shall constitute a quorum. The Board shall act by motion, and the vote of three members of the Board shall be necessary to reverse any order or determination of the Zoning Inspector, or to decide in favor of any applicant any matter of which the Board has original jurisdiction under this Zoning Code, or to grant any variance from the requirements stipulated in this Zoning Code.
(3) The Board may call upon the various departments of the Village for assistance in the performance of its duties, and it shall be the duty of departments to render such assistance to the Board as may be required.
Duties. The Board shall have the authority and responsibility to hear and decide the following.
(1) Appeals from decisions made by the Zoning Inspector where it is alleged that there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, interpretation, or determination.
(2) Variances from the terms of this Zoning Code as will not be contrary to public interest where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of this Zoning Code will result in unnecessary hardships and so that the spirit of this Zoning Code shall be observed.
(3) The Board has appellate jurisdiction relative to appeals and variances, and they have original jurisdiction on applications for conditional use and home occupation permits.