With the inductions of several North Baltimore High School Athletes on tap for the Tiger Boys Basketball game Friday night, questions have arisen regarding the why and wherefores of who gets into the HOF, or how does one go about nominating someone.
The HOF is under the auspices of the NB Athletic Council, which is comprised of all NBHS Varsity level coaches, the Athletic Director, the HS Principal, two school board members and the NBLS Superintendent (as to best of my recollection).
For more information or to make a nomination, you should contact Rob Luderman – [email protected] , NB Athletic Director and the “Chair” of the Athletic Council.
Here is a link for the school website: www.nbls.org
Download the form here: http://nbls.org/index.php/download_file/view/125/164/
North Baltimore High School Sports Hall of Fame Nomination Form
Name of Nominee________________________________________________________
Sport for which person is being nominated___________________________________
Year in which the candidate received recognition _____________________________
(Graduation Year) ___________
Nominee meets which of the seven criteria listed for consideration into the sports hall of fame_____________________________________________________________
The Sports Hall of Fame qualifications are:
No Team or Individual will qualify for the Hall of Fame until 5 years after high school graduation.
- Played professional at the minimum of the minor leagues.
- Named to any all-state team (first, second, or honorable mention) while attending NB.
If the candidate meets either criteria 1 or 2, the induction to the Hall of Fame is automatic.
- Acquired at least one varsity letter in a sport while attending a college or university.
- Outstanding performance during the course of an individual’s career.
- Outstanding performance over the course of a season by a specific team.
- Made a lasting contribution to the spirit of athletics while attending NB, since graduation, or while working for the NB schools.
- As a community member, worked for the betterment of all student athletes at NB
If the candidate falls under the criteria 3-7, the candidate must receive a yes vote from at least 75% of the North Baltimore Athletic Council members for induction.
Copies of appropriate documentation must accompany the nomination form for the consideration of the Athletic Council.
Please provide any information that will assist the NB Athletic Council in the selection process for the Hall of Fame candidate (Be specific with information):
Please provide any/all documentation that would assist in the selection of the candidate for the Hall of Fame: varsity letters, contracts, newspaper article, etc.
Nominee’s Phone Number_________________________________________________
Person doing the nominating and phone number______________________________
Please return to the North Baltimore High School Office by August 1, 2015.