North Baltimore High School Principal’s Report – Dr. Falkenstein – December 20, 2016
- Exams are completed! Teacher Work Day is Wednesday, and that brings Semester 1 to a close.
- Our choirs and bands performed this month. What fantastic shows! Now, they are looking forward to the spring musical. Auditions were held, and the cast is complete. “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown!” will be held on March 17-18, 2017.
- We are carefully watching ODE weigh in on Graduation Points. For now, nothing has changed for the Class of 2018. 18 points are still needed to graduate. Of our students, 98% are already at or above 18 points. The data released by ODE in the press is not accurate. They did not include our students who used Biology grades rather than end of course exams for those points from 2015. We are working to correct ODE. http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/12/13/school-board-discusses-graduation-requirements_.html#
- All juniors will take the ACT on March 21. This includes having our Penta juniors stay here for testing. Our full testing calendar for Spring 2017 will be released after my staff meeting on January 5.
- Paws for a Cause worked in Project Angel Tree. With their effort and getting a contribution from Great Scot, food and presents will be delivered to 2 NB families this week!
- On behalf of my staff, we want to thank Dale and Eve for their superb leadership and contributions to our North Baltimore students. We will miss you!