Leisa Zeigler, a lifelong resident of Northwest Ohio and Realtor since 2004 has been serving clients in Findlay and surrounding communities for many years. She offers these basic tips for getting ready for a NW Ohio Winter!
October Home Checklist and Inspections
Following these 13 clean up routines inside and outside your home helps prepare your home for a change in the weather……….
- Replace filters or wash permanent ones in heating system
- Change batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Reset programmable thermostat
- Clean and inspect gutters and downspouts
- Clean and store outdoor furniture and decorations
- Wash window glass, frames and sill
- Clean out weep-holes in sliders and change screen to storm panel
- Wash storm door frame and replace storm panels
- Remove portable air conditioner unit
- Clean and store lawn equipment and tools
- Winterize sprinkler system and drain and turn off outdoor water spigots
- Plant spring flowering bulbs
- Clean up fallen leaves, pine needles etc. from lawn and garden beds, build up soil with slow-release fertilizer and mulch plants for winter protection.
“Let Leisa List It!”