Dear North Baltimore Community,
On Saturday, August 29 the North Baltimore community came together and installed sod for our future football field. Cygnet Turf donated black sand sod for the entire site. We wish to humbly thank the volunteers who gave their time, equipment and resources to make the project happen. I hope that we have included everyone:
- Douglas S. Hess and his team of workers: Dean Euler, Pete Lopez, Denny Engle, Chris Jones, Edmund Racheter, Kyle Teel, Collin Carter, Chuck Wise and Anthony Lott. They grew, cut, delivered and installed all of the turf
- The entire Casey Sales and Service Team: Mike Casey, Jeff Casey, Dave Casey, Jim Casey, Ned and Sharon Casey, Steve Casey, Matt Casey, Bill Casey and Jim Carter. They provided tiling and crowning of the field, raking and then seeding of the entire area surrounding the game field sod
- Chris North and Larry Snyder for countless hours of hard work and planning
- Rob Luderman and Bob Falkenstein for coordination and volunteering
- Butch and Kelly Light, Mak and Ali’s Pizza, who provided 30 pizzas on Saturday
- Rick and Pam Van Mooy for bringing ice cream sandwiches
- Marlene North for bringing Gatorades
- Ryan and Karen Bishop, Mike Clark, Brad Rowlinson and Levi Newcomer for many hours of service to the project.
- CJ and Tracy Cotterman for volunteering and giving us a bunch of pizzas
- Tim Archer, Kathi Bucher, Ben Pack, Officer Mandy Slane and Jeff Ramsey for volunteering and working
- JP Miklovic (TheNBXpress.com), Bonnie Knaggs, Jim Ishmael, Aurelian Greeno and Tanner Gray-Duvall for media coverage
- The entire North Baltimore Fighting Tiger Football Team and coaching staff for picking up stones and dead grass along with helping lay sod in place. Their involvement made the project that much more special to us.
Lastly, a huge thank you is due to the members of the North Baltimore Schools Board of Education for their continual support and guidance throughout the athletic complex project.
Ryan Delaney, Superintendent