The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) is sponsoring 15 tours, nine workshops, a one-day Women Grow Ohio event, and a farm to table dinner as part of the2015 Ohio Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series. The series, which features these and other topics, will allow Ohioans to see, taste, and experience life on the farm while gaining practical new skills.
- Wednesday, June 3: Pastured poultry research tour—Muddy Fork Farm, Wayne Co.
- Saturday, June 6: Dairy farm and processor open house—Snowville Creamery,Meigs Co.
- Sunday, June 28: Urban flower farm open house—Sunny Meadows Flower Farm,Franklin Co.
- Sunday, July 19: Bringing it back home with organic vegetables tour—Morningside Farm, Medina Co.
- Sunday, July 19: Women Grow Ohio farm tours—Various locations, Athens, Fairfield, Franklin, Knox, Lorain, Muskingum, and Perry Co.
- Sunday, July 26: Michigan sustainable farm and business tour—Salomon Gardens, Argus Farm Stop, Sunseed Farm, Michigan
- Wednesday, August 5: Organic dairy farm tour—Weaver Dairy, Pike Co.
- Friday, August 7: Grain and alfalfa production farm tour—Turnow Ventures,Sandusky Co.
- Sunday, August 16: Value-added fruits and vegetables farm tour—Ann’s Raspberry Farm, Knox Co.
- Sunday, September 20: Organic weed management farm tour—Rock Dove Farm, Madison Co.
- Sunday, September 20: Ohio Century Farm open house—Carriage House Farm,Hamilton Co.
- Saturday, September 26: Naturally raised lamb pasture walk—Find a Way Farm, Meigs Co.
- Sunday, September 27: Off-season farm production tour and workshop—Rose Hill Willow Farm, Muskingum Co.
- Saturday, October 3: Draft horse powered farmstead tour—End of the Road Farm, Miami Co.
- Monday, June 15-Friday, June 19: Five-day solar electric workshop—OEFFA office, Franklin Co.
- Sunday, June 21: Small-plot market farming master class—Carriage House Farm, Hamilton Co.
- Sunday, June 28: Urban agriculture exchange workshop—Garden Station,Montgomery Co.
- Monday, June 29: Dairy herd health workshop—Othmary Farms, Mercer Co.
- Sunday, September 27: Steel in the field workshop—Mile Creek Farm,Montgomery Co.
- Sunday, October 11: Poultry processing workshop—Tea Hills Farms, Ashland Co.
- Monday, October 12-Friday, October 16: Five-day solar electric workshop—Local Roots Market and Cafe, Wayne Co.
- Saturday, October 24: Urban agriculture exchange workshop—The Refugee Response at Ohio City Farm, Cuyahoga Co.
- Sunday, August 30: The Farmers’ Table—Maplestar Farm, Geauga Co.
Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association
41 Croswell Rd., Columbus OH 43214
(614) 421-2022 www.oeffa.org