The following impacts to traffic related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay and Hancock County are scheduled to occur in the coming weeks:
Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound from just south of County Road 313 (approximately mile marker 155) to county Road 99 (mile marker 161) is restricted to one lane at times through the work zone during nighttime hours only.
- The restrictions are necessary to perform shoulder work and for placement of temporary pavement in preparation for future shifts in traffic patterns.
- Lane restrictions generally occur from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night.
- Two lanes in each direction are maintained on I-75 during daytime hours.
The I-75 northbound lanes from the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange to county Road 99 have been shifted to the right onto the outside shoulder.
- Setting of concrete barrier is ongoing throughout this section in the northbound direction.
- Once the barrier is in place, construction operations during daytime hours will increase.
- The legal speed through the work zone is reduced when workers are present.
- Speed limits are displayed via electronic message boards which display the legal, posted speed through the zone.
I-75 southbound in the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange area is shifted to the outside shoulder for a short distance and then back during removal of the existing barrier wall.
- Removal of the barrier wall is occurring during daytime hours.
- The change in traffic pattern will continue for approximately another week.
North of Findlay
Through July, single lane restrictions are possible on I-75, between U.S. 20 and county Road 99 for finish work.
Through June, I-75 between Oil Center Road and county Road 99, will be reduced to two, 12-foot lanes for paving.
Project complete: October. All work is weather permitting.
U.S. 68/State Route 15 Interchange with I-75
All ramps at the interchange all currently open.
The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15 (exit 156) is expected to close June 19 for approximately three years. At that time, traffic will be detoured north to the state Route 12 interchange to I-75 southbound back to U.S. 68/state Route 15 (see map).
Harrison Street over Interstate 75
Harrison Street over Interstate 75 closed May 15 for approximately nine months for reconstruction.
- Demolition of the existing Harrison Street bridge has been completed.
- Traffic on I-75 in the area of Harrison Street will be restricted to one lane at times for work related to the reconstruction of the bridge.
- Access to the Oakwoods Nature Preserve during the closure of the Harrison Street overpass will be available at all times during construction by accessing county Road 144 from the north via Sandusky Street.
Service road construction
Construction of a service road off Lima Avenue connecting to Lake Cascades north of the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange is under way. Construction is expected to be complete late this summer.
Noise wall construction
Construction of noise walls in designated areas is expected to begin in late June or early July.
- Work is expected to begin in the south end of the project area and proceed to the north.
- Construction of all noise walls is expected to be completed in July 2018.
About the Hancock I-75 Project:
Interstate 75 will be reconstructed and widened beginning just south of Harrison Street/County Road 144, which is just south of the U.S. Route 68/state Route 15 interchange, to the county Road 99 interchange, Findlay, Hancock County. The project will reconstruct approximately five miles of the existing four lanes of Interstate 75, construct an additional lane of travel in each direction, replace all mainline bridges on I-75, replace the Harrison Street overpass, redesign and reconstruct the interchange between U.S. 68/state Route 15 and Interstate 75, and redesign and reconstruct the interchange with U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue. The project also includes the construction of noise walls at particular locations. Expected completion is May 2020. Beaver Excavating, Canton, serves as the general contractor.
Project information may be found at: http://tinyurl.com/hancock75