North Baltimore Local Schools Receives Auditor of State Award
North Baltimore – A recent financial audit of North Baltimore Schools by the Auditor of State’s office has returned a clean audit report. North Baltimore’s excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award.
“North Baltimore has a wonderful staff. This accomplishment would not be possible without all of them, and all of us doing our jobs” said Eve Baldwin, NB Treasurer.
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report.
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The auditor report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records