Two from area selected…….
COLUMBUS – This week, Governor John R. Kasich announced the following reappointments:
Kristen K. Johnson of Findlay (Hancock Co.) and Kendra J. Kec of Whitehouse (Lucas Co.) have been reappointed to the Governor’s Council on Juvenile Justice for terms beginning October 16, 2015 and ending October 31, 2017.
For Saturday, June 27 through Friday, July 3, 2015…..
WEEK IN REVIEW
Monday, June 29, 2015
- Governor John R. Kasich announced the approval of assistance for 17 economic development projects projected to create 1,758 new jobs and retain 2,551 existing jobs statewide. Read more
- Kasich announced appointments to the Ohio University Board of Trustees, the State Dental Board, the Forestry Advisory Council, the Ohio Historical Society Board of Trustees, and appointed a student member to The Ohio State University Board of Trustees. Read more
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
- Kasich signed into law Am. Sub. HB 64, the FY 2016-2017 state budget, at the Statehouse. Read more
- Kasich signed four bills: Am. Sub. HB 64, HB 51, HB 52, HB 141, and three executive orders into law: EO 2015-06K, EO 2015-07K, EO 2015-08K. Read more
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Kasich announced appointments to the Ski Tramway Board, the Ohio Housing Finance Agency, the Shawnee State University Board of Trustees, the Broadcast Educational Media Commission, and appointed student members to the Central State University Board of Trustees, Wright State University Board of Trustees, and the Shawnee State University Board of Trustees. Read more
- Lt. Governor Mary Taylor met with the Keidanren Delegation at the Statehouse to discuss ways to strengthen the important economic and cultural ties between Ohio and Japan.
Thursday, July 2, 2015
- Kasich announced the appointment of Anna L. Crisp of Bluffton (Allen Co.) as the student member on the University of Toledo Board of Trustees. Read more
Friday, July 3, 2015
- State government closed in observance of Independence Day.
News of the Week
Kasich signs $71B, 2-year budget after vetoing 44 items