The Village of North Baltimore, led by Mayor Janet Goldner and Village Administrator Allyson Murray, wish to lead the charge to preserve and protect the character of our neighborhoods, “we just all need to do our part”.
Take the Good Neighbor Quiz to find out if your home is safe and well maintained (and “legal”).
Answer True or False.
- There is no litter or trash around my home, including in my yard, near the curb or alley.
- I mow my lawn regularly (and maintain the property along the street and alley).
- My neighbors can safely walk on my sidewalk because there are no holes in the concrete and the bushes are trimmed.
- I store my trash in a secure area until trash collection day.
- I do not place trash bags on the curb before trash collection day.
- I always put my trash container away at the end of trash collection day.
- My car is parked in my driveway, garage, or on the street (no wheels are on the lawn or the boulevard)
- The gutters and downspouts on my house are securely attached.
- The shingles on my house and garage cover my entire roof.
- I always repair any broken window as soon as I can.
- The doors to my home are securely attached.
- While it may not be perfect, the paint on my house looks pretty good.
- An emergency squad can find my home to help me or my family because my address is clearly marked.
According to Village Administrator Murray, if you answered false to any of the above questions, you may have a potential code violation. Call the village office with any questions or concerns at 419-257-2394.
In addition, Mayor Goldner says that the flyer below will be coming out with the water bills this month.
The village HOPES to be adding to this list of recyclables, including tires and possibly household paint and other household hazardous wastes.
April is shaping up to be “Clean-up NB” month, beginning with Brush Pick Up the first two weeks of the month.
NB Local Schools are having activities around Earth Day (Friday April 22).
The village Arbor Day celebration will be on the 29th, along with the NB Recycles Day!
Many more details to follow!