Donna Dettling, North Baltimore Village Administrator – April 21, 2015
Village Administrator Report
1. Meeting Review
· March 31st– Benefit Strategies re: Review Health Insurance Provisions
· April 1st – Local Government Officials Conference
· April 2nd– Local Government Officials Conference
· April 6th – Dave King re: Review Street Vacation Request
· April 15th – Meet with PNC Bank Representative re: Bank Services Pricing
· April 16th – Public Safety Work Session
· April 16th – USDA Review CF Loan/Grant Application for Meter Project
2. Upcoming Meetings:
· April 20th – First Federal Bank re: Bank Services Pricing
· April 20th – BG Economic Development Lunch
· April 23rd– TMACOG review funding source opportunities
· April 23rd– Board of Zoning Appeals
· April 24th – Tentative Southwood Corridor Ec.Dev. Meeting
· April 24th– Kathy Kolanko DW&Associates Park Equipment Representative
· April 28th – Planning Commission
· April 29th – Tree City Award Program
· April 29th – NBACC Annual Dinner
· April 30th – Mock Crash Event
· May 5th – CDBG Project Prioritization Meeting
3. Compensation Plan Overview. Chris and I are working on a Compensation Plan Overview and we will have something ready for Council review at the next COTW meeting, May 12, 2015.
4. Municipal Building Roof Update. A thorough update on the municipal roof and stand-alone communication tower is being completed and will be provided at the May COTW meeting.
5. USDA Community Facilities “CF” Loan/Grant Update. Attached is the award notice for the CF Funding for two vehicles, which includes a 28.5% Grant in the amount of $17,800. The paperwork to complete the Loan/Grant has not been received as of the writing of this report. Andy Sterling requested copies of the vehicle invoices be submitted with the final paperwork.
Chris Kirk and I are discussing options for repayment; for example make two installments to pay back the loan; an amended appropriation ordinance for the 2015 budget to cover the first payment and the final payment would be included in the 2016 Appropriation Ordinance. A recommendation will be forthcoming along with the necessary ordinance for Council approval.
Requested Motion: Authorize the Village Administrator to finalize the Loan/Grant Agreement for the CF Loan/Grant Program to purchase a Patrol Vehicle and an EMS Vehicle.
Donna Dettling, North Baltimore Village Administrator – 1-419-257-2394