To: Mayor Goldner, Council, Clerk and Legal Counsel
From: Allyson Murray, Village Administrator
Date: February 21, 2017
Village Administrator Report
- Meeting Review
- Feb 7 – Finance Committee Meeting @ 6:00pm Village Hall
- Feb 7 – Village Council Meeting 7:00pm @ Village Hall
- Feb 8 – Staff Meeting 8:00am @ Village Hall
- Feb 8 – Briar Hill Advisory Board Meeting @ Noon
- Feb 13- Public Safety Committee Meeting @ 4:00pm Village Hall
- Feb 9 – Economic Outlook 2017 5:00-7:00pm @ Findlay Country Club
- Feb 14 – Committee of the Whole Meeting 5:30pm @ Village Hall
- Feb 15 – Staff Meeting 8:00am @ Village Hall
- Feb 20 – President’s Day Village Office CLOSED
- Upcoming Meetings:
- Feb 21 – Baseball/Softball Field Meeting 6:00pm @ Village Hall
- Feb 21 – Village Council at 7:00pm @ Village Hall
- Feb 22 – North Baltimore Are Chamber of Commerce Meeting @ noon HWE
- Feb 24 – Regional Water 208 Planning 10:00am @ Northwestern Water & Sewer
- Feb 27 – Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments Meeting @ 7:30am
- Feb 27 – Funding Sources Meeting 10:30am @ Village Hall
- Feb 28 – North Baltimore Planning Commission 5:30pm @ Village Hall
- Mar 7 – North Baltimore Village Council at 7:00pm @ Village Hall
- Main Street Corridor –CSX has indicated that we should get the go ahead to begin the Main St. Waterline Project late in the week of February 13 or early in the week of February 20. Buckeye Excavating is anxious to get started. Once the project gets moving parking will be prohibited in the downtown block between State Street and Broadway Street. There may also be water service interruptions without prior notice. The contractors will do their best to limit all disruptions and inconveniences but this is a major underground construction project and citizens should be prepared for service outages and issues.
- Dilapidated Houses in the Village – The village is currently working with the county to find funding to raze 9 houses that have been identified as needing to be demolished due to abandonment, unsafe conditions or imminent dangers. If citizens have concerns about houses in their neighborhood please have them contact the Village Office at 419-257-2394.
- Baseball/Softball Meeting – The Public Works Committee will hold an informational meeting on Tuesday February 21, 2017 at 6pm at Village Hall prior to the council meeting to discuss the baseball/softball fields and concession stands. Any teams, leagues or individuals who wish to use the baseball or softball fields this year needs to have a representative present at this meeting.
- Concession Stand Upgrade – The village applied for and was awarded a Community Development Block Grant to update the Little League Baseball Field Concession Stand and Restroom in order to be ADA compliant. This work will take place this spring. I will be updated council on this project at the council meeting
- Basketball/Tennis Court Upgrade – The village applied for and was awarded a NatureWorks Grant which will provide funds to resurface the existing basketball and tennis courts at City Park. This work will take place later this year and I will be updating council on this project at the council meeting.
- Hazardous Tree Inventory – The Dept. of Public Works will be identifying & listing hazardous trees within the village right of way that need to be cut down. This list will then be put out to bid in March and the lowest & best bidder will be contracted to do the work this summer. If citizens have concerns about a tree (in the Village Right Of Way) they feel is hazardous, dead or dying please contact the village office. This is for trees located in the Village Right of Way only; trees located on personal property are the responsibility of the owner.
- EMS Contract with Henry Township – The Public Safety Committee will be updating the council tonight on the status of the EMS Contract with Henry Township.
- EMS Medical Director Contract Legislation – The Public Safety committee will be presenting legislation tonight regarding the contract for Dr. White & staff of Northwest Ohio EMS Consortium to serve as the Medical Director for North Baltimore EMS.
- Water & Sewer Plant Opening – Public Utilities Superintendent Andy Patterson will be retiring this spring after a career of more than 30 years. The North Baltimore Community is fortunate that we currently have an employee who has the required licenses to take over the management of both the water and sewer plants. The Public Utilities Committee will need to schedule a meeting prior to the first council meeting in March during which they can finalize the process for naming Andy’s successor and have the information on the candidate and salary ready to present to council at the March 7 meeting.
- Rotary Wine Tasting Event – NB Rotary Club will hold its annual wine tasting event on Friday, March 10, 2017 from 6pm-10pm at The Depot. Tickets are $25 each and can be purchased from any Rotary Member. There will only be 75 tickets sold so get yours early! Each ticket is good for 5 wine tastings as well as hot and cold appetizers and desserts. This event SOLD OUT last year! The money raised from this exciting fundraiser goes toward scholarships for local students. Last year NB Rotary was able to give out additional scholarships to our high school seniors thanks to the funds raised at this event.