Village Administrator Report – November 18, 2014
Re: Village Administrator Report
- Meeting Review
- November 4th – Headworks Study Kick-off meeting
- November 4th –Public Safety Committee Meeting
- November 5th – USDA, Peterman, Helms re: Project Close out meeting
- November 10th – Tree Commission
- November 12th – Huntington Positive Pay Follow-up
- Upcoming Meetings:
- November 18th – Public Safety Committee Meeting
- November 25th – Planning Commission
- Holiday Reception. REMINDER: Council is invited to the Wood County Economic Development Commission Holiday Reception to be held on Thursday, December 4, 2104 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn French Quarter in Perrysburg.
- Economic Development 101. REMINDER: A free Workshop-Economic Development 101 on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 from 8a -11a at Perrysburg French Quarter. A copy of the agenda the Workshop is attached to my report. Please let me know if you plan to attend.
- Office Update. The part-time Finance Clerk I position will be posted this week in all 4 newspapers with a deadline for submitting resumes of December 1, 2014. A copy of the advertisement is attached for your review. If things go smoothly, I hope to have a hiring recommendation by the 2nd meeting in December. April is learning the Utility Billing System, and keeping that moving. I followed up with several BGSU students for internships and plan to have a recommendation before Council at the next meeting.
- EMS Charting Software. Chief Matthes recently learned that the EMS Charting software that was purchased last year for $2,072 was due for an annual license renewal, which is $1,572. Chief Matthes was disappointed and stunned to find that effort to implement the software was dropped when the former Chief left and equally disappointing when there didn’t appear to be effort to provide an opportunity to hand off this task to other members of the department for implementation. Chief Matthes is working hard to get the software implemented, acquire the training that was included with the original purchase of the license and use this software to improve our reporting and billing capabilities for the long term.
- Planning Commission & Board of Zoning Appeals. Council will receive an agenda for both these meetings; PC 11-25-14 and BZA 12-04-14. A training session will be held with both Boards at their next meeting to educate Board members on roles and responsibilities and common Planning and Zoning practices and concepts. In order to have sufficient handout material, please let me know if any of you would like to attend one or both of these training sessions.
- Ohio BWC. Just an FYI, the Ohio BWC issued a rebate check on premiums for period 1-1-2012 through 12-31-2012 in the amount of $9,950.23.