TO: Mayor and Village Council
FROM: Michael Brillhart
RE: Administrative Report – Village Administrator
DATE: July 2, 2019
- Maple Street SRTS (Safe Routes to School) sidewalk project – Smith Paving and Excavating has begun the construction phase. Work is anticipated to be completed before the end of August. Scope changes relating to alignment and storm-water management have been made per onsite review and discussion between engineer, village staff, and landowners.
- Neighborhood Revitalization Grant (NRG) – The design and engineering phase for the six North Baltimore projects are anticipated to begin in July or August. Discussion between the selected engineering firm and the Village Council will occur when the design phase is underway.
- Downtown Revitalization Project (100 block of N. Main Street) –Geddis Paving and Excavating, as the contractor for this project, is anticipated to begin the construction phase on August 5th. A public information meeting is being planned for adjacent property owners at the Depot Community Hall on July 15th.
- Ohio Public Works Commission grant (200 block of N. Main Street) – The notice to proceed with the engineering & design phase should be provided by August 1st. Construction is anticipated to begin during the summer of 2020.
- Dan Thornton with Civil Engineering Solutions has completed a draft analysis for the Village “Bulk Water Rate Study”. Per follow-up with staff, Mr. Thornton is finalizing wholesale bulk water rate recommendations. If applicable, a presentation and discussion on this analysis is being planned for the July 9th COTW meeting.
- The Wood County Park District’s 2019 Local Government Improvement Grant Program guidelines have been prepared and provided to the Village. Park project requests can be submitted to the District for review through August 30th. Staff recommendations will be provided to Council for discussion at the July COTW meeting.
- The six (6) new basketball goal systems being acquired for the Village Park through a grant from the Wood County Park District have been ordered from a vendor. Installation is anticipated during July.
- The Wood County Economic Development Commission is in discussion with two specific parties regarding job creation opportunities within or near the Village corporate limits. Additional information will be forthcoming from the Commission when available.
- Recent Meeting Attendance:
- June 5th – Met with Peter Latta, Utility Consultant with Jones & Henry, at water treatment plant to discuss required repairs for two clarifiers
- June 6th – Conducted interviews for the available Utility Operator position
- June 7th – Met with Selection Committee members of the N. Baltimore CBD Enhancement project to discuss and select a vendor for Council consideration and action.
- June 17th – Met with Curt Croy from Hancock Wood to discuss economic development
- June 18th – Had meeting with ODOT representatives specific to the North Baltimore Enhancement and Maple Street projects
- June 20th – Attended Wood County Economic Development Commission monthly lunch meeting at the American Legion Hall
- June 20th –Met with Dan Thornton and Brian Roberts to discuss the wholesale bulk water rate study analysis
- June 21st – Met with Ms. Linda Peck with EMHT Engineering to discuss future consulting opportunities
- June 24th – Met with George Walton from Hancock Wood to discuss economic development opportunities particular to SR 18 near their corporate headquarters
- June 25th – Attended North Baltimore Rotary meeting
- Upcoming Meetings:
- July 9th – Wood County Safety Council meeting in Bowling Green
- July 15th – N. Baltimore Downtown Enhancement project public information meeting at the Depot Community Hall at 6 p.m.
- July 15th – Economic development meeting with Hancock Wood