By Sue Miklovic
Last Wednesday I reported on the New Police Chief’s appointment and the farewell to the Village Administrator who has moved on to Westerville, Ohio.
The rest of the meeting included these highlights:
- Black Swamp Location Service would like to work with the village on Economic Development. Mr. Todd Dickerson presented some ideas that sounded positive to the council, who wants to figure out how they would pay for the services. “I think that would be a wonderful investment”, stated Ms. Murray.
- Village Finance Officer Mrs. Lee shared some thoughts on available avenues to collect more village income tax including rental income, and taxing contractors working on projects in town for long periods of time.
- Mayor Goldner stated she hoped to have a new Village Administrator in place by mid-October. The Village is advertising for the open position. Deadline to apply is October 5th.
- The EMS has received a grant for $29,000 to purchase a cardiac monitor.
- Murray shared details of open items and current projects that are started but not yet completed. This includes all the grant projects, houses to be torn down, new cameras to be installed, and more details on the local recycling program.